+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Panic in the streets of London ...

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Who do you think the press is owned by?
    Thats a broad question, and one that Wikki cannot answer when I searched "Ownership of mass media"........ Interesting though, the words "multiple issues" and "propaganda" are mentioned.Check it out.Enjoy!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    I'm actually shocked to find all that amount of hatred and venom among us in this place where it's supposed to be about Love and Friendship....
    There was no hatred or bigotry here, only unfounded accusations of such. I'm sorry you didn't notice that

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    There was no hatred or bigotry here, only unfounded accusations of such. I'm sorry you didn't notice that
    Darl, avoid getting defensive. She could have just as easily been referring to Vincenzos posts as your own, because to be honest, I have felt he is the only one to become venomous.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    someone is telling me to ask Northern Ireland! " are u blaming me for something my ancestors did back in 1972?"
    Where did I say that you were you part of the Parahute Regiment that was responsible for that incident? My point was that military intervention should have happened days ago. And I was'nt telling you to look at Northern Ireland.You took that way too personally.My statement was directed in multiple directions.

TIA

Rafterman
    _________

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Who do you think the press is owned by?
    Lord Asshole Black.

(who happens to be white, just for ironic effect)

I said it before w/Vancouver: if it continues we'll end up like Israel posting snipers on the skyscrapers. If a rioter is in a skimask--shoot them.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Let's be honest, the majority of rioters from video footage and cctv images were black. Young black blap blap bloop bloop hoodrats with the occasional wigger trying prove he's just as hard. To be honest, nowadays it's hard for white people to say ANYTHING regarding race. If yo do, yo racist. The problem is the jingoistic nature of dole living white people who think immigrants are the problem. The way it is in the UK, the majority now feel oppressed by young black youths. It's been like that for awhile now. That's cos' there's too many of em' with nothing to do and no fear of repercussions cos' half the time, they don't get caught. The police force become too laxed, possibly turning a blind eye and youths took advantage of that. The scale of the riots was clearly far too big for the police to respond to effectively. Country needs to fix up.
    Last edited by Kiechi; 10-08-11 at 08:51 PM.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

If the riot had much to do with racial differences rather than class inequality I'd expect non-blacks being targeted and assaulted, whereas it looks as if the vast majority of the damage is done to infrastructure and altercations almost exclusively take place between coppers and rioters.
    Things usually just go back to the distinction between whether it's because they're black or whether that part of society is predominantly black.

Anyways, I wish that each riot cop would have a video camera fixed to their arm behind their transparent shields to capture the faces of the rioters - and get to knock on their doors once things have boiled down.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    If the riot had much to do with racial differences rather than class inequality I'd expect non-blacks being targeted and assaulted, whereas it looks as if the vast majority of the damage is done to infrastructure and altercations almost exclusively take place between coppers and rioters.
    Things usually just go back to the distinction between whether it's because they're black or whether that part of society is predominantly black.
    Damage done to infrastructures and conflict with the police can mean both a class and race issue. If there are discriminatory practices of the police, it becomes a race issue. Conflict didn't start with the riot; it started with earlier sources of tension.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Thats a broad question, and one that Wikki cannot answer when I searched "Ownership of mass media"........ Interesting though, the words "multiple issues" and "propaganda" are mentioned.Check it out.Enjoy!
    seriously? you still haven't figured out that everything is owned by the jews?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    I am guessing you haven't figured out the point I was getting to.

I would imagine someone from the top of the economic and social hierarchy who happens to be the targeted racial group, would have an interest in not framing the news as a race issue to ease racial tensions. The end of the day, who is more willing to engage in illegal activities? Someone from the top with everything to lose or an oppressed individual in the bottom with a lot more to gain and little to lose, right?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

I said it before w/Vancouver: if it continues we'll end up like Israel posting snipers on the skyscrapers. If a rioter is in a skimask--shoot them.
    Rioters should get punished under the law. But people (especially a large number people) don't just riot out of defiance. The state cannot expect to resolve problems by treating the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    seriously? you still haven't figured out that everything is owned by the jews?
    I guess that's what freaked Hitler out?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post

Anyways, I wish that each riot cop would have a video camera fixed to their arm behind their transparent shields to capture the faces of the rioters - and get to knock on their doors once things have boiled down.
    I think we're uncomfortably close to Orwell's 1984 already.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Funny, with Predators now flying overhead I keep hearing the Terminator theme.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Hear! Hear!

As soon as they put cameras in 'smart' TVs, I'm heading for the hills building a tree house. My husband thinks I am joking...
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast