+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend I used to sort of date. I want to reconnect

Friend I used to sort of date. I want to reconnect

3 years ago I was dating this girl for not very long (around 4 months until I found out she cheated on me on our 4th month anniversary if that even means something), and afterwards I tried to move on as best as I could. And fortunately I moved past it pretty quickly. I had a phase immediately afterwards where I didn't want to date anyone and was only interested in hooking up with girls. I met this one girl through another female friend of mine at the time and we all started hanging out together and me and the girl i just met hooked up a lot. I thought she was sooo cute and I knew she felt the same about me, hook up after hook up she eventually started liking me but I was still stuck in "I don't want to be tied down to a girl" stage. I told her I couldn't keep hooking up with her so we pretty much stopped hanging out. I did see her from time to time but never really had a conversation. After we stopped hanging out she met this guy and has been dating him for close to 3 years now he's deciding to go away for school so they broke up. I just want to reconnect with her but I know since her relationship just ended I should give her her space, but i don't want to wait forever I don't know why I started developing feelings for her but it's driving me insane. I regret not dating her =/Just want some friendly advice if you could, thanks so much it means everything.
    Last edited by neutralmilkhote; 09-08-11 at 12:11 PM.

Not worth it stay away and move on
    The road is coming to an end just catch the highway and meet someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Not worth it stay away and move on
    I hate to agree with Dank because most of his advice is based off of little or no experience. But in this case he is right, leave this one in the past, no reason to take an emotional risk on someone who cheated on you once before when there are plenty of new faces out there.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

This girl never cheated on me, that was another girl.

So you didn't develop any feelings for her when you were constantly hooking up but after years of separation you do. Crazy
    Personally, I'd just go for it and possibly fail since I couldn't wait around if I had feelings for her. I don't know if that's the likeliest way to succeed though.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

If you get together with her now, you will simply be her rebound hookup.

I don't think you started liking her after all this time. I think you have created someone in your head that you think you like, but it might not be the same as reality. People change. And if she was involved in a serious relationship for 3 years, she may not want to be with someone who didn't care enough about her in the first place to be anything more than a hookup buddy.

Personally, I would say for you to look forward, not behind. This girl didn't make enough of an impression to shake you out of your himbo phase. Why do you think she would be enough to hold your attention in a real relationship?
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!