+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confirmed Bachelor or Just Cautious?

Confirmed Bachelor or Just Cautious?

Hey All . This is my first post here. I need some advice. My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years and he still hasn't proposed. We have a great relationship but I'm getting really tired of waiting. Is he ever going to pop the question? Here's some background. I'm 34 and he's 50. We started dating 2 years ago and we were very close and exclusive right away. I had recently gotten out of a 7 year marriage - he had never been in a relationship longer than a year and never lived with anyone. We spend almost every night together, have lots in common, have a lot of fun together and have a great sex life. To me marriage or moving in is the next logical step. He tells me this is what he wants too but he's taking a little longer to adjust to the idea because he's so accustomed to being on his own. He's shown signs that it could be soon but I'm getting anxious. Is two years too long to wait? We're both professionals with our own homes, no kids, no baggage. What's the holdup?? Help!

he already told you. he needs time to get used to the idea. give it some time and then talk about it like adults. ask him when he thinks he will be ready. as for you, dont' sell yourself short. IF you give yourself a deadline and he doesn't deliver, as hard as it may be, move on. i'm sure you're a beautiful woman, you deserve to live a life that you dream of. life it too short. not worth putting it on hold for anything.