+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second date

Second date

I have just got back from a second date (well, i'm not sure I can call the first a proper date as it was just a hello and coffee as we happened to be in the same place at the same time) we had dinner and watched a film at the cinema.

He is very much a gentleman and I had a great time and he certainly seemed to. He walked me to my door after dropping me home and I invited him in for coffee (just coffee) then when he left, on the doorstep I did expect to feel vibes for a kiss, instead we chatted for a moment and then he did lean in for a kiss but it was very much a goodbye kiss, we had the second of which..lips/cheek and it ended with a quick kiss/peck on the lips.

I'm in no rush for anything but I think I maybe expected a little more. Is this a good or bad sign or neither and he was just being a gentleman?

Also, with regards contact, should I leave it up to him to contact me? I don't want to come across as too keen, especially if he isn't.

look anne rice.. you are reading too much into this. He was probably nervous too... the fact that he kissed you is a good sign.

Too soon to read into anything.

Meet again, enjoy each others' company, and take it from there.

Just be yourself, and hopefully he'll do the same.

And if YOU want to kiss him, go for it.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Don't wait for him to kiss you....if you really want to get things started grab him and kiss him yourself. Its possible you didn't give him the impression that you are attracted to him enough for a passionate goodnight kiss.....maybe you need to turn up the heat on this one.

Don't make make things casual, try some serious flirting.

If you expected more, why didn't you go for more? Did you want a slow sensual goodbye kiss instead? Then do it!

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thankyou for the advice so far. I admit I am very much out of practice in terms of dating. This is all new to me and the whole dating thing makes me a little nervous to say the least!
    I think I was worrying unnecessarily, he text late last night to thank me for a lovely evening and phoned this afternoon to ask me over to his to watch a film tonight.

As for if I was wanting a lingering kiss...hell yes, haha. I will be brave tonight. Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by flannalan View Post
    Thankyou for the advice so far. I admit I am very much out of practice in terms of dating. This is all new to me and the whole dating thing makes me a little nervous to say the least!
    I think I was worrying unnecessarily, he text late last night to thank me for a lovely evening and phoned this afternoon to ask me over to his to watch a film tonight.

As for if I was wanting a lingering kiss...hell yes, haha. I will be brave tonight. Possibly.
    OMG just go for it!!!!

Please help!

Had another lovely evening watching a film, I wanted to gradually move in closer on the sofa...but I didn't. We chatted and joked and the conversation flowed, i'm 100% sure he likes me.
    As I was leaving I was stood by his door, I could have made the opportunity for a kiss but then so could he. No kiss, he walked me to my car and wow I was willing him to kiss me...and he did, it was a kiss on the lips and it lingered for a second so there was more than yesterday but I wanted more! He had a huge smile on his face afterwards. I can't work out whether he is feeling just how I am (shy/nervous) or whether he is just being a gentleman.

I feel like a teenager not a 27 year old woman!

Are you kidding me???? Of course he does....why don't YOU show him how you feel!

He seems very keen, he phoned yesterday to arrange seeing each other and he is coming over to mine this evening. I'm hoping that I am more brave than previously. It's just that I don't want to embarass myself and go in for a kiss and be rejected. He has previously said he wants to take things slowly as he has made the mistake of rushing in before and it hasn't worked out and he wants to learn from his mistakes.
    I don't see a proper kiss as rushing anything, it feels like naturally the next step and makes it more than friends dating if you see what I mean? I guess I am just hoping he will initiate!

Hun - from a chick - just take the initiative already and kiss him!! 3 dates in as many days?! This guy is NOT going to reject you - in fact, he'll probably love that you took charge of the situation!!! Forget the nerves and just shoot for the stars already!! Kissing is NOT moving too fast!!

Jesus christ I give in! Another great evening with him, lots of times I thought about moving in for a kiss but didn't. It came to him leaving and we sort of kissed/pecked again on the lips. I was quite disappointed with that, then he turned and gave me another kiss and I sort of expected it to be a full on snog but it didn't quite turn into that...equals slightly awkward kiss. I know he is keen - I am seeing him again tomorrow which will be our fifth date. I also know that he may be feeling exactly the same as me, but I am quite a traditional girl really and would like him to take the lead, but ersiously, if he does not tomorrow then I AM going to be kissing him. At this rate it will be some time in 2020 that I get him into bed!

Quote Originally Posted by flannalan View Post
    Jesus christ I give in! Another great evening with him, lots of times I thought about moving in for a kiss but didn't. It came to him leaving and we sort of kissed/pecked again on the lips. I was quite disappointed with that, then he turned and gave me another kiss and I sort of expected it to be a full on snog but it didn't quite turn into that...equals slightly awkward kiss. I know he is keen - I am seeing him again tomorrow which will be our fifth date. I also know that he may be feeling exactly the same as me, but I am quite a traditional girl really and would like him to take the lead, but ersiously, if he does not tomorrow then I AM going to be kissing him. At this rate it will be some time in 2020 that I get him into bed!
    I'm a traditional/old fashioned gal myself - but there comes a time when you just have to bite the bullet and move things along! It's obvious he's interested in you, and he's probably sensing your nervousness and misreading it for you wanting to go slow with the kisses. Show him you're happy for things to move along there (he can take the lead afterwards, you've just got to get past that first hurdle before you progress!!!)

Work it girl!

I had this problem with the guy I'm seeing now. I think it took about 6 or 7 dates before he kissed me and when he did was a simple peck that I grabbed him back and made it a real kiss. There were a lot of reasons according to him...he didn't want to rush things, he didn't want me to think that's all he thought about (although as he said that he also admitted he had thought a lot about it) and then he also said because he wanted to keep me guessing and was essentially just playing with me because he could see how badly I wanted him to.

Our first kiss finally happened Wednesday, it felt like forever but I'm really glad with how it's working out and I can tell he's crazy about me. My guy is just a bit uncomfortable with affection, at first even his hugs felt awkward but he gets better and probably more comfortable after each day I see him and it's coming more naturally now.

People gave me that advice, to just kiss him myself but the opportunity never seemed to be there. I would say if you find the right moment do it, but don't force it. It will happen eventually, it's definitely hard I KNOW but just be patient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast