+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting mixed messages, hard to read this girl

Getting mixed messages, hard to read this girl

Hi everyone. I always fall for girls with outgoing and flirty personalities, which always makes it hard for me to read girls who I'm really interested in. I'm pretty good at telling if most girls are interested, but I'm always really attracted to girls with that kind of personality, so I'd like to get better at telling if they're interested. There is one recent girl in particular who I can't quite put my finger on.

A friend of mine knew this girl from high school and liked her a lot but never really spoke with her very much. He was about to move out of the country for a while on business and randomly started talking to her, and she flew across the country to visit him for a few days. I went to hang out with them a couple of times, trying to help him out. About a week or two later he told me that she wouldn't stop talking about me and gave me her number shortly after to call her about something. She thinks of my friend as a friend and apparently nothing more, but when I was around them I thought she was into him. They didn't hook up or anything even though my friend tried to. After I called and she had my number, she started texting and calling me, and we started talking on the phone several times a week for an hour or more. She'd call and text me a lot when she went out drinking wanting me to come visit and once mentioning that she was interested in me, but she said that she gets horny when she drinks so it may have just been the booze talking. She also mentioned that sometimes guys get the wrong impression when she flirts with people. She has that flirty, touchy feely personality, which can understandably give people the wrong impression.

So after talking for a few weeks, she decided to fly down and visit me for a few days. She told her family she was going somewhere else because apparently she told her sister not to visit a guy friend when she was dating someone and thought her sister would get mad at her for going to visit me right after that. My friend kind of made her feel guilty about doing it, and she was worried that people would think she was a floozy for coming to visit me, and made clear that we weren't going to hook up. So she came to visit, and when we went out to the clubs one night, she said we should play a game and tell people we were brother and sister and see who could get the most phone numbers of the opposite sex. When we went out, she talked to a few guys, but not all that much and would keep texting me wanting me to come dance with her. When we were walking back home, she was more touchy feely, but again had some drinks in her. She also kept mentioning a couple of her ex's and stuff like that. We slept in separate beds and played around a little bit, but nothing sexual or anything. It seemed like a lot of the guys she meets are overly forward with her, and it makes her mad, and I didn't want things to be awkward the whole time if I tried to be more forward and she wasn't into me, so I didn't try to be forward with her. We talked about me coming up to visit her sometime soon before she left.

Anyway, after this huge novel, do you think she's into me? What should my next move be? I'd like to get better at reading girls like this since I'm horrible at telling if they're into me or not.

Maybe. Maybe not.

There's really only one way to tell. Grab your 'sack, and go ask her.

I recommend texting her to find out if she was simply being herself or if she was into you. In my opinion, she may be just been being herself if she is that way naturally. But, that doesn't mean she can't still be a good, girl friend with benefits. Are you the jealous type?

You *recommend* texting her?! You are clueless.