+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any suggestion would be great

Any suggestion would be great

Hi guys and girls,

I need some help with this girl. Any possible suggestion would be great.

We met each other during a small gathering party and since then we had a total of 3 dates.
    First date was supposed to be the week after the gathering, but it was postponed due to her work. The actual date was pretty good, as we shared some normal conversation over dinner
    Second date was a surprise call on my part; I called her out of blue for dinner.
    Third date got postponed twice because she over slept the first time and the second time was her work again. During the date, we talked about our dreams, and personal things.
    Today was supposed to be our 4th date – the one where I actually want to officially ask her to be my girlfriend, but again it got cancelled due to her last minute work/assignment.
    By the way, she works as a reporter for a major television station. So last minute assignment/work are pretty common.

What do you guys think? Should I keep on trying with this girl?

My friends are telling me to give her up. 4 canned dates are some really bad sign for a long term relationship.

Thanks in advance.

It could just be job related. Do you actually like her? If so, why not try to establish a better relationship and try to work around her "schedule"? You already know it is going to be a bit of a hassle, so you may want to keep that in mind later on.

WTF are you doing, trying to ask her to be your "official GF" after three dates? Holy crap, slow down a bit. Ask her out again. If she cancels for something maybe then you should try communicating with her - ask HER if you should keep trying.

Just keep dating....but how about making the dates more memorable, be creative and think outside the box more......dinners, movies....boring. Take her out dancing or take her out on a boat with champagne and roses. Don't get too crazy serious yet, give it a few months and hopefully after some great sex.

@ ctr916
    yeah that's what I been telling myself, but as it gets more frequent I began to have doubts of my own. hence the reason to post here and asking for suggestions from my friends. it's almost been almost a month since we started by the way.

@Heartisaching.
    I think the reason why I want to ask her to my official gf is because I have been "playing the field" for too long. At one point a few months back, I was dating 5 girls simultaneously, and it is really... tiring. So now I'm trying to make things right by only focus on her, and letting her know I'm interested in her. I know it is a bad move, as people usually say "the one who cares the least about the relationship controls it." sigh it is just hard.

@smackie9
    I tried and she over slept on that one. hahah.. yeah. and it is really hard to think creatively if the only date time available for her is after 9pm or sometimes after 11pm. Clubing is not a thing for us anymore, both of us are really tired from work.

Third date got postponed twice because she over slept
    I don't know of one woman that if she was excited about being with a man would over sleep and miss a date.

My advice: Quit calling her, she's not interested.

Can you recyle one of those 5 you were dating at once?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I don't know of one woman that if she was excited about being with a man would over sleep and miss a date.

My advice: Quit calling her, she's not interested.

Can you recycle one of those 5 you were dating at once?
    Well technically, that was partially my fault as well. We never really set a place on that date except time. So on that date we were suppose to meet up at 3pm, I called her around 1pm but she didn't pick up (she told me she was still sleeping at that time) and she called back around 3pm asking where am I. Long story short, we decided to postponed it.

as for the other girls, it is really hard to date people when you are ONLY thinking about this one particular girl all the time. I guess it is all about "you want what you can't have."

let me give you guys some background on our schedule and work.
    I'm 27 currently working Monday to Friday in finance from 8am-7pm with 24/7 on-call status. During the weekend, I'm usually busy studying GMAT. Hence the reason why, I want to settling down. Not enough time to date around anymore.

She's 24 currently working Tuesday to Saturday from 9am - 7pm. As a new TV reporter, you always get those special assignment that happens pass scheduled working hour. ie. interviewing celebrities after a party or fashion show is pretty common. Just this week, she has to work from 5am to 11pm for 3 days straight.
    Last edited by raidenfx; 13-08-11 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raidenfx View Post
    @ ctr916
    yeah that's what I been telling myself, but as it gets more frequent I began to have doubts of my own. hence the reason to post here and asking for suggestions from my friends. it's almost been almost a month since we started by the way.

@Heartisaching.
    I think the reason why I want to ask her to my official gf is because I have been "playing the field" for too long. At one point a few months back, I was dating 5 girls simultaneously, and it is really... tiring. So now I'm trying to make things right by only focus on her, and letting her know I'm interested in her. I know it is a bad move, as people usually say "the one who cares the least about the relationship controls it." sigh it is just hard.

@smackie9
    I tried and she over slept on that one. hahah.. yeah. and it is really hard to think creatively if the only date time available for her is after 9pm or sometimes after 11pm. Clubing is not a thing for us anymore, both of us are really tired from work.

Hire a masseuse couple to give you both a massage at home, with gourmet treats and champange lol.... How about a picnic in the living room with candles, flowers, etc.....come on use your imagination.