+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Chat Up Help/Problems ..

Please HELP

So i just started talking to this new girl and im really struggling ..

I asked a few questions .. like do you attend ______ school ? and various other questions

and all i get is a stubborn .. 'Yes' everytime ..

any help guys or tips ..
    Last edited by Oggy; 13-08-11 at 07:00 AM.

For starters, don't ask questions that require yes/no answers. Rather than 'do you attend ____ school?' ask 'what school do you attend?' Ask some open-ended questions. 'What do you like to do for fun?' See what she has to say and try to comment on some of her replies to keep the conversation going rather than her just sitting there waiting for the next question like she is being interviewed for a job. If she says 'I like <whatever>' , just a simple comment like 'Oh, I have always been interested in trying <whatever> but <blah, blah, blah> and <blah, blah, blah>. How'd you become interested in <whatever>?' <--(Obviously this all depends on how she responds...if she says 'I like playing with dolls', then you'll have to think of a different tactic...like trying to make her laugh...which is good too..just be careful not to offend her).

You gotta add more than just a question...try to phrase it so it will require the maximum number of words in her response. If she's shy, asking her questions that require more than 1-word responses might help loosen her up a little. Before you ask your question, think about it to yourself and see if you could answer it with a one-word answer if somebody asked it to you. If so, try rephrasing it.

I would say this is very good advice:

Quote Originally Posted by Evo1114 View Post
    For starters, don't ask questions that require yes/no answers. Rather than 'do you attend ____ school?' ask 'what school do you attend?' Ask some open-ended questions. 'What do you like to do for fun?' See what she has to say and try to comment on some of her replies to keep the conversation going rather than her just sitting there waiting for the next question like she is being interviewed for a job. If she says 'I like <whatever>' , just a simple comment like 'Oh, I have always been interested in trying <whatever> but <blah, blah, blah> and <blah, blah, blah>. How'd you become interested in <whatever>?' <--(Obviously this all depends on how she responds...if she says 'I like playing with dolls', then you'll have to think of a different tactic...like trying to make her laugh...which is good too..just be careful not to offend her).

You gotta add more than just a question...try to phrase it so it will require the maximum number of words in her response. If she's shy, asking her questions that require more than 1-word responses might help loosen her up a little. Before you ask your question, think about it to yourself and see if you could answer it with a one-word answer if somebody asked it to you. If so, try rephrasing it.