+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex and friend dating

Ex and friend dating

My ex has just started to date one of the girls in my circle of friends. I see them out on the weekends and I am ok with it to a certain degree. However what kills me is how well he treats her in public, how they hold hands but how he wouldn't hold mine. He was really mean to me, to the point of cruelty. How can I be ok with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden10 View Post
    , how they hold hands but how he wouldn't hold mine. He was really mean to me, to the point of cruelty. How can I be ok with this.
    You dodged a bullet, he didnt love you. You should be o.k with this because you did'nt marry someone who did'nt love you. You have low self esteem issues...big time.
    You where practically dating a red flag.
    Last edited by rafterman; 13-08-11 at 11:26 AM.

She doesn't sound like much of a friend either. I'd write them both out of your life and never look back.

Ya see, Haden this is what I meant in your other thread about "weeding them out before actually committing to them." A guy that won't hold your hand or isn't nice to you in general should be your clue to break up with him and not stay until they break up with you.

You should have kicked his ass to the curb long before he had a chance to make you feel hurt that he wouldn't hold your hand. Get some self-love into yourself, doll and quit being afraid to dump azzholes.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you guys. Well I was out tonight and I saw them and it made me feel bad seeing them together, actually it was more the social setting than anything. The holding hand happened, but I completely ignored both of them. It still made me feel awkward. I know that she is not a friend, we are all abroad so we need to keep up social appearances. I was fine until I got home in the cab and now I am back in my house. But I am proud of myself in that I didn't say anything to either of them, but just tried to have fun. It was good, still I had the urge to make him jealous and I wonder if he still cares.