+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BF deleted me off Facebook

BF deleted me off Facebook

My bf has a weird hacker person who messes with his fb account, and I've been messaged a few times by the hacker guy pretending to be my bf. This happened a couple of days ago and as a preventative measure, so that I don't get contacted again, my bf's deleted me off fb :/

My bf was like it's only fb, as in it isn't anything important and it's only the internet and he'll add me back after a month or so ish when it hopefully blows over... which I agree with so I said it was cool

I got another message today saying it's a shame how I can't view his wall because there's all sorts if stuff written on there by a girl etc. I don't believe that, but I let my bf know just in case his account's been hacked again. My bf was obviously really upset by this and he said he might deleted his fb altogether.

Anyway, I just have a niggly feeling and all I want is for him to add me back. I've sort of hinted to him but he's all 'fb isn't important, it's so silly how much importance people give it etc etc' How do I get him to add me back? Shall I be all like ooh some guy keeps flirting with me on fb, maybe you should make it obvious we're going out and add me back or something?

Advice please!

tremolo Guest
    You really believe there's a hacker? The fact he won't add you back sounds very sketchy to me.

May be possible. I thought someone was logging into mine before and completely closed it down for a short period of time.

Wow! If Facebook is this powerful in regulating human emotion and relationships them Im pouring my entire life savings into its IPO thats planned to start up in a couple years!

Just sit back awhile and actually think about it....FB is a social networking site, it is not a lobe of your brain. Its make believe, not real life....Jeesh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    You really believe there's a hacker? The fact he won't add you back sounds very sketchy to me.
    Course I believe him, I also received the messages. The content was obvious they knew nothing about either of us.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Wow! If Facebook is this powerful in regulating human emotion and relationships them Im pouring my entire life savings into its IPO thats planned to start up in a couple years!

Just sit back awhile and actually think about it....FB is a social networking site, it is not a lobe of your brain. Its make believe, not real life....Jeesh!!!
    That was his response, but I dunno... not being on his fb feels weird, he's got the rest of the world on their, but not the one he shares all his deeper emotions and feelings with.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I don't care much for fb, but the fact that he removes her friendship and doesn't want to add her back certainly sounds suspicious.
    Tell him to do a proper virus scan to get rid of any potential keyloggers. Then change his password of his email that's tied to his fb account, and then the password of his facebook.

If there is a hacker it's more likely a script kiddy. Few with the knowledge to hack FB like that will use it just to mess with people.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post

Sorry, but I don't buy that it's so innocent. It's got a worse reputation for hooking up and cheating then Plentyoffvckbuddies.cum otherwise known as POF. Just google "Facebook and divorce" and educate yourself.

That was his response, but I dunno... not being on his fb feels weird, he's got the rest of the world on their, but not the one he shares all his deeper emotions and feelings with.
    If he actually wanted this "hacker" bullcrap to go away then he would just change his passwords and email address and he should be keeping his profile at private for his friends only when in a relationship. If he's got it wide open then he's accepting randoms and he's more than likely scoping out randoms as well.

He's full.of.shit. and I'd be looking at hs crock of chit as a huge red flag. Which you are and hence this thread... don't ignore what your gut is trying to tell you.
    Course I believe him, I also received the messages. The content was obvious they knew nothing about either of us.
    Don't be making excuses for him while ignoring the red flag either. why did he suggest that just you delete and not him as well? *sniffs* I smell bs.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 14-08-11 at 02:47 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always laugh at these "they deleted/blocked me on FB" posts.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

This dude sounds legit.
    Once he asks you to stop texting him in case your texts are "intercepted", you'll know just how sincere he is.
    Oh, and since he's deleted you from there....I assume his profile doesn't state that he's in a relationship with you.
    Yeah, totally legit.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I always laugh at these "they deleted/blocked me on FB" posts.
    This one is a little different then your normal he/she deleted me threads.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Sorry, but I don't buy that it's so innocent. It's got a worse reputation for hooking up and cheating then Plentyoffvckbuddies.cum otherwise known as POF. Just google "Facebook and divorce" and educate yourself.

If he actually wanted this "hacker" bullcrap to go away then he would just change his passwords and email address and he should be keeping his profile at private for his friends only when in a relationship. If he's got it wide open then he's accepting randoms and he's more than likely scoping out randoms as well.

He's full.of.shit. and I'd be looking at hs crock of chit as a huge red flag. Which you are and hence this thread... don't ignore what your gut is trying to tell you. Don't be making excuses for him while ignoring the red flag either. why did he suggest that just you delete and not him as well? *sniffs* I smell bs.
    ^ couldn't have said it better myself.

he's lying to you.

If I were you i would challenge him about it and don't accept any of this kind of explanation, it's pathetic. What kind of fool does he think you are? You're not a fool, your intuition is telling you that he's up to no good, that he's lying.

FB opens up a whole shed load of opportunity for those inclined to stray, the privacy/secrecy functions only serve to make it easier.

The only reason he's deleted you as a friend is because HE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT HE'S UP TO. He thinks that he'll get away with it, but DON'T ALLOW HIM TO.

I once got my fb hacked. I changed my email and fb password and nothing's gone wrong since. I don't know why isn't your boyfriend doing the same. And I don't understand why he needed to delete you when you still can receive messages from his fb? Something's not right.

Yep, all he has to do is change his password. FB is quite secure with that information and a "hacker" isn't just going after your bf and getting into his account.

Something is truly fishy here.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I call bullshit. Just tell him to change his password. He's hiding something.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast