+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it a good sign or a bad sign he wants to talk face to face .. ????? Help

Is it a good sign or a bad sign he wants to talk face to face .. ????? Help

Friendship or more ?? I finally put it out there & Im still mystified ?? Help
    So I have known this guy for five years we work together, he is a really good friend and we have lots of fun together and occasionally hang outside of the office.. He has introduced me to his closest friends and has invited me to special holiday events he talks about me to his friends .. but he has not made a move yet the vibes are there ?? I am absolutely mystified time and time again he dislays jelousy when i talk to other guys at work he flirts constantly and treats me differently than he would every other girl, there is definately a mutual attraction and spark as well as chemistry between us yet I cant figure out what the hold up is ?? I have had feelings for him for a few years and never had the courage to bring it up because in the past (when we first met) i made that mistake and he rejected me in a nasty way, and the next day wanted to talk about it - i was too hurt so we never did discuss it he did send me a text that he was sorry he didnt mean to hurt me and that he is tactless when it comes to this sort of stuff and that he wanted to talk about it but I ran home .. we did grow closer, now we are good friends but even our communication and meet ups are so occasional and not that consistant ? is he into me or not I just dont get it ; ? the last time we met up outside of work was a few months ago at his cousins house with a bunch of his couple friends and he brought me .. of course pple were asking me if we were together and he paid for me and was showing signs he was with me and when i wasnt looking i could feel his eyes on me scoping me out but nothing happend , no kiss no nothing .... of course the whole ride home we were talking in "general" about relationships and how hard it is for him because he got so used to being alone bla bla and he was asking me if I recently dated anyone and that I am at the perfect age to get married - he also asked how often i think couples should meet up during the week (which im sure stemmed from his fear of being suffocated by a relationship) and another time mentioned how our boss asked him if he has feelings for me and if anything was going on between us ... Anyways with signs like that I just dont know .. and I do care for him a great deal

So finally last night we went out with some friends .. and later left alone together, he walked me to my car and we were both pretty much lingering there ... out of nowhere a cab comes along and stops by us to ask for directions * the pple in the car were drunk and yelling "shes crazy about you , Im a sexologist I know, it was hysterical and then they asked how long are you two together 3 months so he answered yes and they drove off .. it was kind of embarrasing but Im glad it happened - so he then gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and I went home - On my way home I decided to BITE THE BULLET and just tell him how I feel so I wrote him in a text that the guy in the cab was crazy but to be honest I am attracted in case it wasnt clear .. he wrote back that he wants to talk about it face to face and not in texts .. ?????? Is this Good or bad Its driving me nuts >> ? should I go equiped for a negative or positive reply ? I dont know ... any advice is welcome

Still mystified >?

I think you're about to be friend-zoned. But atleast in a gentalman kind of way, and you should repect that. Any monkey can send a text.

To be honest i dont think you can assume to much at the moment, just because he wants to talk face to face doesnt imply its bad news or good.With computers and texts we have all relied on them to much for the words we read from them,if some one says i love you through text pc whatever its just words but if that person said the same words face to face you can see the emotion body language in it and determine its strength and value waht im saying is pc and text can only show words its your emotions you project into them not how the other person is feeling it is you that aww he loves me. So basically even though this guy hasnt said it to you and prefers to talk in RL not by a bunch of letters unpersonalised on a screen is a good thing because he cares enough to tell you his good or bad news in person not via a feel meaningless words on some electronic screen.Hope you get what i mean good luck
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp