+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age difference

Quote Originally Posted by Glea View Post
    The age gap is a problem.
    But the fact that you've been chatting with a cybergirl for years is an even more serious problem in my opinion.

What do modern young people do when they're at odds with themself? They make virtual crap.
    So sad and vicious, because the more virtual is your life, the less you're able to connect with the real world (and get real dates with real girls)
    ^^^^ This.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Seven years age difference isn't a lot per se, the problem is that she's just 16, which is far too young to be dating a 20 something guy.

I tried to think about this from the point of view of her parents, and I have to say that if i was her mother I wouldn't be best pleased, I wouldn't allow her out of my sight.

You base your feelings on the written word of a teenager which is pure fantasy anyway, OP. Have you ever had feelings or even dated a REAL live woman or has your online addiction caused you to be socially stunted to the point where you're afraid of one-on-one, face-to-face interaction with members of the opposit sex?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Non sexual dating a minor IS illegal in most states in the US. If you so much as be chatting up a minor, even over the net will have you arrested and tagged as a sexual offender which will follow you for the rest of your life. Plus you will have to re register every time you move. Not worth the risk.
    Well, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't live in the US so I'm no expert, but I have tried looking up the laws there and haven't found anything in regards to non-sexual dating. I don't even see why there should be. It's not illegal to be friends with someone younger either.
    Do you happen to have a link to one of these laws?

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver06 View Post
    The problem is she is 16. We're online friends and I've known her for 3 years.
    How do you know its not a Detective trying to weed out people with pedophile tendancies? I mean have you met "her" face to face?
    Last edited by rafterman; 15-08-11 at 02:56 AM.

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=rafterman;747396]
    How do you know its not a Detective trying to weed out people with pedophile tendancies? I mean have you met "her" face to face?
    I doubt a detective would spend 3 years on someone. Would be quite a waste of time.

I doubt a detective would spend 3 years on someone. Would be quite a waste of time.
    Why do you say that? You wasted your time for 3 (or more) years?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 15-08-11 at 03:09 AM. Reason: to fix quote box.

[QUOTE=rafterman;747396]
    There is no crime committed until there is an agreement to "meet". The age of consent varies from state to state. Most is 16, others is 18.

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=Wakeup;747402]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Why do you say that? You've wasted your time for 3 years.
    Your comment doesn't really make much sense.

But, why I would say that...
    Those that prey on kids will want a fast meal, not wait many years before even thinking about making a move. Why would any police force waste money on luring some innocent guy into potentially doing something with an underaged girl and extend that into 3 years long?
    If they do, that would be quite a stupid move.

Well, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't live in the US so I'm no expert, but I have tried looking up the laws there and haven't found anything in regards to non-sexual dating. I don't even see why there should be. It's not illegal to be friends with someone younger either.
    Do you happen to have a link to one of these laws?
    It isn't a crime until there is an agreement to "meet". Then there's trouble. Not worth the risk.

Pfffft What a ridiculous statement. Who knows how long they monitor people for?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It isn't a crime until there is an agreement to "meet". Then there's trouble. Not worth the risk.
    Even when meeting it should be legal, unless conversational history indicates the meeting is for a sexual encounter.
    If one doesn't talk about sex, doesn't bring condoms, lube or toys or anything of that kind and just plans a fun day, then it shouldn't be illegal from all my knowledge.
    All age of consent laws clearly state sexual conduct.

But, I agree there is certainly a risk. American laws don't always follow the letter, and they might catch you upon something obscure.

I'm not a parent, but an adult man that talks to under age girls, I find is quite pathetic. When a man can't have proper relationships with adults....needs to get help.

Your comment doesn't really make much sense.

But, why I would say that...
    Those that prey on kids will want a fast meal, not wait many years before even thinking about making a move. Why would any police force waste money on luring some innocent guy into potentially doing something with an underaged girl and extend that into 3 years long?
    If they do, that would be quite a stupid move.
    You wasted your time with a child far younger than you when you discovered that your online connection didnt match up to your real-life personnas. That was more of my point then the detective theory but I suppose if you'll slowly prey on one, you'ld not be adverse to preying on others could be what any detective might logic out and patiently wait to see what you'll do.

Even when meeting it should be legal, unless conversational history indicates the meeting is for a sexual encounter.
    If one doesn't talk about sex, doesn't bring condoms, lube or toys or anything of that kind and just plans a fun day, then it shouldn't be illegal from all my knowledge.
    All age of consent laws clearly state sexual conduct.

But, I agree there is certainly a risk. American laws don't always follow the letter, and they might catch you upon something obscure.
    Good luck with that. Think about it tho....if your 14 or 16 year old daughter was going to meet up with a man she was friendly chatting on the net with, YOU can't tell me would'nt have an issue with that. No matter what it's just wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast