+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend wants 2 marry me??

My boyfriend wants 2 marry me??

My names mary. Ive been with my boyfriend 4 3 and a half years now. he recently went into hospital and had surgery. He was there 4 about 2 months. i accompanied him everyday he was there. During this time, he told me that he wanted 2 tie the knot, but he didnt actually propose 2 me. this is the first time he mentioned this throughout our relationship. i was really shocked, but thrilled!! he started talking about marriage alot more. i met his family for the very first time and they were really nice. things were going well..until my mum decided 2 come with me 2 visit him in hospital. we stayed there 4 a couple of hours and after we left, she told me that he was acting really different than how he usually is and she was surprised that i hadnt noticed. she told me that he was more calmer, happier, sensitive and really affectionate to me. she told me not 2 get carried away with the whole proposal thing because he was on alot of medicatiion and hes not acting himself, she told me that he might say things that he will regret later.. i thought and thought 2 myself and had noticed it 2 but wasnt bothered by the unusual behaviour. i was happy.
    Anyway.. he told me that when he came out he was going to propose 2 me straight after hospital and get married in 6 months and he was very confident in saying this 2 me.
    when he came out, within a week he was off all medication which was really good. but he started 2 act different and a few times ive brang up the enagement talk and he said that he wasnt ready. Everytime i brang it up, he would say things like " its not the right time.."i cant afford 2 have an enagement or buy a ring right now. i told him that neither engagement party or a ring is not important to me and when he can afford it he can do that. hetold me that he wanted 2 do things right.

i feel like hes using the "money" as an excuse. i am so confused right now i dont want to approach him again about it until i get get some right advice. i have been so depressed i feel like the door has just shut on me. please help

mary

Most likely the medications that he was on made him say things which he might not mean it?
    I mean, you said that he changed after he was off from the medications....which made him think clearly and told you that, it's not the right time to get engaged/get married and he also said that he can't afford to buy a ring.