Hey everyone just wanted to say hi and tell my story I guess. A lot of this forum seems to be about cheating/failing relationships which is when people need the most advice. Myself? I have just been damaged from past relationships so sometimes I don't know how to handle certain situations because of my warped view of trust and relationships.... but I thought I'd lighten people's moods with a good story for when it comes to two people meeting.

I 25 and am in the military stationed on the east coast and was a 7 week Temporary Duty Assignment out west (don't want to put locations out there) anyway I'd all but given up hope of ever having a true relationship again with someone that I could trust and feel happy with it just never seemed possible anymore. Well the night after thanksgiving I was in town with my friend (would head to the big city on the weekends when we didnt have to work in the middle of nowhere) and me and my buddy were deciding what to do that night as I was crashing on his couch to save money on hotels. We decided we wanted to go a place called Jumpstreet which was a warehouse with a bunch of trampolines and meant for kids but really a ton of fun, problem was his car was messed up and his taillights didn't work so no driving at night. He tells me his friend... We'll call her Ashley for the story says she'll come with us and drive, I ask about her and his review is just kinda meh so I'm not expecting much but then she comes in the door and I am floored... she's beautiful. Well we all went out that night I wasn't quiet but was in the backseat while they talked up front for the drive and while at Jumpstreet we were all jumping around having fun.

We had about 5 minutes left in our hour that we paid for to jump around..... life could have made those 5 minutes unventful, her drop us off and I never see her again but instead.... my friend breaks his ankle doing a front flip quite badly. Me and Ashley followed the ambulance to the hospital but we got caught up in conversation and she drove right past it so we went back and me and her hung out at the hospital till 4 AM that night just talking with each other and seeing how he was doing. She took me home to his place and before I could even ask her myself she asked for my number "to keep informed on how he is recovering" even though she had his.

After that we started texting a lot and hung out every weekend till I left. During that time we decided to give it a shot at dating and see what happened and a few days before I left to go back to the East Coast we were watching a movie on the couch and I laid my head on her shoulder, she leaned around and kissed my cheek and out slipped " I love you", she was so embarassed and claimed it was because she was used to saying it to her daughter and hadn't said that to a man in years. I knew it wasn't a slip up but I just let her go with the slip up story so she wouldnt feel as embarassed and told her before we went to bad that night that I loved her too.

Since then I have gone to visit her every 6-8 weeks and we have since gotten married. Now I can only wait until I get to live with her and be stationed out there.