+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm falling for my co-worker with the odds stacked against me.

I'm falling for my co-worker with the odds stacked against me.

I will try to needlepoint this so you can read it and help me. I’ve started a new job since three weeks back and we’re all new to the job because it’s a brand new workplace. We have had meetings and introductions, we’ve been educated in the computer system and have had staff outings and so forth in the last three weeks. Well, the girl in the office next to mine is driving me mad.

I fell head over heels in love with her right off the bat and the more I learn about her the more I like her. I can’t be sure what she feels about me but we tend to stick together, like she asks me if we should ride the subway to work together and things of that nature, nothing major. During a party she told me what she wants in a man and I’m fitting that description.

Here is the kicker, she is 2 years older than me and has a child. So I don’t feel that I can be causal about this at all, I can’t ask her out the same day as I want to go out, because I can never be her #1. Which I don’t care about. My concern is more that I’ve let myself become somewhat obsessed (nothing that she knows about), but I think about her all the time and I actually long to go back to work tomorrow so that I can see her.

I’m not gonna ask any specific questions; just leave this open for whomever wants to share some insight. Just don’t try to talk me out of it because I will ignore that.

Well, I don't know how old you are, but a woman with a child kind of runs me off. It isn't even like it is MY child, but some other guy's. I'm only 23 though so that may not be as much of a problem when I'm older.

As far as her being two years older than you, that is nothing. I know plenty of people whose wives, girlfriends, etc. are older than them. The only way it would be a problem is if you were a teenager.

Yeah Norwegian women are HOT, so no wonder. lol.. but seriously, she's giving you the signs. She wants to ride the T-bane with you, she always hangs out with out at office outings.. i don't know what she wants in the end, but shes interested somewhat.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheSun View Post
    Just don’t try to talk me out of it because I will ignore that.
    Okay. But can I laugh at you instead? B/c I am.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Don't dip your pen in company ink, dude. Chances are great that you will wind up without the girl AND without the job.

But, I guess you will just be ignoring my suggestion then...
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!