+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I blew it

I blew it

So there is this guy I really like and we were just beginning to know each other as friends, when i did something really stupid. He deleted his facebook and I snapped and left him a horrible message telling him he has no shot with me and that I deserved better and it was just awful. I was so stupid, I overreacted like a tween. I thought he blocked me since one of my friends had done the same thing earlier this year and because of my crush on him, i jumped to conclusions. I sent him a text telling him to ignore what i wrote on his email and he never replied. I don't blame the guy, I must have freaked him out majorly. I feel terrible, I am so mad at myself and I wish I could take it back, but there is nothing more I could do. He can't look at me the same way again. Does anyone know if there is something i can do, or is it best not to do anything anymore?

You sound like a loose cannon, he is probably smart to ignore you.

If he is ignoring you, there isn't much you can do to fix the situation, sadly to say.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

You deserve better coz you "thought" someone blocked you on FB? Oh dear....

Sorry if I was him I would run for the hills too. Learn from this and move on.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Mostly, the typical guy will likely ignore/block/ not talk to you. However, there are those of us that value truth over all else. Example: Had I been in his situation (with the detailing of still being MYSELF) I would have laughed and messaged you back, saying how strange you are and that I like honesty (with more dialog that would include asking you out on -another- cup of coffee...).

The main reason I believe that he won't contact you is due to the overwhelming amount of men that don't want crazy or serious, because to most guys, being SERIOUS = CRAZY!

Just relax, give it some time, if he contacts you--great! If he doesn't, its his loss. Really, it is. You sound pretty aggressive. That's a keeper in my book. <3

-Chris

Thanks chris, and to all the other responses. Yeah I must move on, I'm pretty sure I scared him away. I'm just really impulsive and don't think things through. What I told him were things I was already thinking, but I said in such a stupid way and it came out of nowhere, i don't blame him for not wanting to speak to me again.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it takes heart to be so open, even when its flaming lingo that you are expressing. I'm tempted to say "If you live by the coast, take to the ocean to wash away the pain..."

Oh, the Cali life... <3

It's hard for me not to be like that. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to send him one last message, explaining why i did what I did. I figure i got nothing to lose since he already thinks i'm a freak. What do you think Chris?

What do I think?! I say - DO IT. Don't hold back! He already saw the worst, why not give him a little of the best in kind words! Haha! DO IT - and if he doesn't contact you after that, Ppsshh- CHILL and ENJOY LIFE! =3 Let your hair down! hahaha!

Well I'll do it then, and you're right if he doesn't reply it's his loss. It can't get worse, since he already thinks i'm crazy

You're not crazy! Just really exciting to be around! <3 Take it from me, if he can't handle you at your worst, he doesn't deserve you at your BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris View Post
    You're not crazy! Just really exciting to be around! <3 Take it from me, if he can't handle you at your worst, he doesn't deserve you at your BEST.
    Whatever! I hate that saying....its such Bullshit!

If hes a smart lad, he'll never call you again. Facebook is ridiculously stupid

Ok, bro. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Whatever! I hate that saying....its such Bullshit!

If hes a smart lad, he'll never call you again. Facebook is ridiculously stupid
    Is that because most people that say it seem to use it as an excuse for outlandish and rude behaviour?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Is that because most people that say it seem to use it as an excuse for outlandish and rude behaviour?
    Exactly! Its like saying: "if you cant handle me because Im a complete selfish asshole then you dont deserve me at all"

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Exactly! Its like saying: "if you cant handle me because Im a complete selfish asshole then you dont deserve me at all"
    Lol. That is soo true. The first time I heard the saying I could relate to it and to some extent agree with it but too many people use it an excuse to not try and improve themselves.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast