+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I blew it

What you did wasn't abnormal. Normal people do that all the time. Defense mechanisms of all kinds. I have it too but mine is to ignore the person like I don't like them, or be a bit mean if I feel rejection. But, what you did is what a "normal" person would consider stalker or weird behaviour. Its actually not weird at all, we've all been through those bouts. Just move on though. You don't have to delete Facebook, just don't take it personal.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

Thanks to all of you for the advice though. I really learned from this experience and from now on I will not jump to conclusions and do something like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    What you did wasn't abnormal. Normal people do that all the time. Defense mechanisms of all kinds. I have it too but mine is to ignore the person like I don't like them, or be a bit mean if I feel rejection. But, what you did is what a "normal" person would consider stalker or weird behaviour. Its actually not weird at all, we've all been through those bouts. Just move on though. You don't have to delete Facebook, just don't take it personal.
    Are you using the communal computer in the psych ward you're interned in?

This is what you said in post #28 which is the complete opposite to what you're saying in the above quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    If I were him I'd never want to talk to you again. You're a freak and a psycho. What kind of person would write that kind of thing? Stalker? That may not be you in your hearts of hearts but this is an interpretation from a normal guy. You have no chance, just let it go.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-08-11 at 12:48 AM. Reason: to fix quote box.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by ashtonkutcher View Post
    Wow, everything I missed. Whatever, I left him one last message telling him why I did and i'm sure it scared him more, but oh well. Next time I will think before I act for sure. I can't believe the stuff I have read on here. Vanessa said the most the most sensible thing, which is to move on. I made a big mistake because I as I explained to him, I got blocked by one omy friends before and now I assume everyone will do the same. It was a big deal to me because I had a crush on him and he had no clue about it so now he must know for sure and that also might have scared him away. Hasn't anyone here done something stupid like this before? I can't be the only one and you are all making me feel like I am crazy, when in reality I have been hurt so much in the past that I always assume people are out to get me. I am passive-aggressive, since I tend to keep it all to myself and then suddenly just let it all out at once.
    Assuming people are out to get you? Paranoia is a serious problem. Making assumptions like that will always be detrimental to relationships.

Being passive-aggressive does not mean keeping it all to your self and letting it all out at once. Passive-aggressive behavior is when you do things to try to get other people to do what you want without actually communicating your desires to them directly. You do things like say "I'm so fat" hoping your partner will say "Oh no you're not baby, you're beautiful" instead of just saying to your partner "Do you still find me attractive?"

Here's a pretty good explanation of it:

Quote Originally Posted by mycounseling-site.com
    A passive aggressive individual doesn't exhibit outward anger or appear malicious. At first glance, the behavior appears to be unassuming, gracious and benevolent; hence the term "Passive-Aggressive". When dealing with a passive-agressive person, one can feel frustrated, offended, guilty or confused. While not intended, you may leave the encounter thinking you did something wrong, but aren't quite sure what it was.
    Whether personal or professional, many relationships will come across this inconsistent behavioral pattern. It's very confusing, and often thought of as "crazy-making". This is because the purpose of passive-aggressive behavior is to express negative feelings and resentments in an unassertive and passive way.
    Surprisingly, the passive-aggressive person isn't aware of this. Their intent is not to be offensive or frustrating. In their eyes, all they want to do is be helpful.

The problem lies in the fact that this form of helpfulness is better known as codependency. This means the help comes with a price - an expectation of appreciation for the unrequested favor, and moodiness or resentment if you don't.
    The website URL: [url]http://www.my-counseling-site.com/passive_aggressive.html[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Are you using the communal computer in the psych ward you're interned in?

This is what you said in post #28 which is the complete opposite to what you're saying in the above quote.
    Haha, yeah. Cool story bro.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123