+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well bugger me

Well bugger me

Not literaly thank you.

This so just doesn't happen to me so I figured I'd share it in here only because the only way I can think to explain it is at the end.

So I go for a coffee at work in the cafe / restaurant next door. Order my coffee and have a quick perve at the really hot chick behind the counter as I always do, she started working there in May and she's just lovely, beautiful warm smile, lovely voice etc but other than just admiring her when I get my coffee I've really given her no thought.

Anyway they have this prize thing going on, normal crap, chuck your business card in the jar to win a free meal in the evening. Good marketing, get a database etc. blah blah.

So I lob my card in and grab my coffee and she says oh so you work at the bureau, I thought they had a coffee shop so I said yeah they do but you are way hotter than the girls there, laughed and walked off.

Get back to my desk and about 10 mins later my phone rings

Hi it's xxxxxx from the coffee shop

So I'm like err hi ))))) did I leave something?

No, I just wanted to ask you something

So I'm like sure fire away.

So she said "are you a traditional sort of guy"

I'm like wtf does that even mean? So I said what as in wears slippers around the house and has a hot chocolate before I go to bed?

She laughs and goes no I mean in the dating sense

I'm back to wtf does that even mean? So I said what as in wears slippers in bed on the first date?

So she says no, what I mean is are you traditional in that you have to be the one to ask someone out on a date, give them a specific time and a place etc and meet up with them or are you non traditional in that you just sort of suggest you'd like to catch up with someone but with no firm plans and you sort of eventually agree on going somewhere together?

So I'm sitting there figuring some guy has asked her out or she is hoping they will and she's not sure what to do etc. but what I don't get is why she is calling me and asking me for love advice.

So I said, well does it really matter?

So she responded, well yeah cos if you are the non traditional type you probably wont feel awkward if I was to ask you out but if you are you the traditional type you might think I'm being too forward.

Are you asking me out on a date?

She's like well yeah cos I didn't want to wait for you to ask me

I nearly fell off my ****ing chair. Of course I said yes, why wouldn't I

I put the phone down and went around to the reception and spoke to the receptionist who is a real good friend of mine and my main confidant when I broke up with Karen and said, hey, have you noticed anything different about me lately?

And she's gone yeah you've stopped crying about that dumbarse ex of yours and you seem a way lot happier around the office lately, why?

And that's when it hit me. I haven't thought about Karen for ages now, haven't checked my hotmail for emails from her and I have her on my iPhone blocker which keeps a record of calls it rejects and I hadn't checked that for ages either. Went and had a look and there was 5 missed calls last week hahahha opps

It does show that time does in fact heal. NC does in fact help you move on and doing stuff other than feeling sorry for yourself actually does help. People have been noticing me being happier around the place xxxxxxx from the cafe noticed it and asked me on a date .. fark

I've finally moved on and didn't even know it

Fantastic
    Last edited by Horseyguy; 17-08-11 at 07:44 PM.

Congratu-****ing-lations!!! Dude, that's awesome! Yay!

Enjoy your date.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Just dont fvck it up or your back to the drawing board LOL
    Last edited by rafterman; 17-08-11 at 07:51 PM.

NICE buddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Just dont fvck it up or your back to the drawing board LOL
    True but she makes great coffee lol

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    True but she makes great coffee lol
    Thats a start, hope the date goes well. I reckon your gunna be nervous as.....sweating like a whore in church..... LOL

But don't kiss her when you've got coffee breath.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Lovely story Glad you shared. Good luck with coffee girl.

I thought they had a coffee shop so I said yeah they do but you are way hotter than the girls there, laughed and walked off.
    Fabulous line you shot her darl'n.

Confidence is so attractive.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

BTW: Why is this in the "Broken Hearts" sub forum? Seems to me you should be visiting the Kissing and Flirting category now... ;o)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Thats a start, hope the date goes well. I reckon your gunna be nervous as.....sweating like a whore in church..... LOL
    Shutup Raft. YOu are just jealous you don't have hot chicks phoning YOU up asking for dates.

@ HG - go get her, Tiger.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

tremolo Guest
    That is so awesome!!! Good for you! She clearly has great taste... and I am slightly jealous

Patience's is a virtue score!
    The road is coming to an end just catch the highway and meet someone else

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    That is so awesome!!! Good for you! She clearly has great taste... and I am slightly jealous
    That made me laugh. Well ya know Tremolo, I might be dating her but my heart belongs to you ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    BTW: Why is this in the "Broken Hearts" sub forum? Seems to me you should be visiting the Kissing and Flirting category now... ;o)
    I thought it might give some hope to those with broken hearts who think they will never meet anyone else ever again or ever heal from the pain of some ****wit messing with your life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast