+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on men required

Advice on men required

I am 38 years old with 2 young kids, separated almost 3 years. I've been seeing a man 39now for 8 months. We live 60 miles apart, and at the beginning seen each other twice a week, both travelling. Inbetween times we text and use a chat facility on a daily basis, lately Ive been doing the travelling only once a week, he apparently cant for various reasons he gives me, feel the connection we had is gone and I'm losing him. the text/chat has slowed and is initiated by me only now, I have asked whats wrong, he says nothing, he loves me and has started me meeting his family. I am completely confused by him, what do you guys think?

Are the "various reasons he gives you" legit?
    Once you've become intimate, why would you want to chat online all the time? I'd save that for when we were together. Perhaps you can come to a compromise and you call him once a week and he CALLs you once in the next week (Not MSN Chat) between visits? Most guys don't like idle chatter when they all ready have you sewed up per say.

If once a week is not enough time for you and you think his excuses are lame, then you have to talk to him about compromising and if he won't or absoluetely can't give you more time then you'll have to make a decision to stay with him under the terms he's dictating or, break up and find someone who can give you what you want.

I can't see that he's backing away from you and the relationship... he certainly wouldn't be introducing you to his family if he had thoughts of dumping you, I'm sure.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Are the "various reasons he gives you" legit?
    Once you've become intimate, why would you want to chat online all the time? I'd save that for when we were together. Perhaps you can come to a compromise and you call him once a week and he CALLs you once in the next week (Not MSN Chat) between visits? Most guys don't like idle chatter when they all ready have you sewed up per say.

If once a week is not enough time for you and you think his excuses are lame, then you have to talk to him about compromising and if he won't or absoluetely can't give you more time then you'll have to make a decision to stay with him under the terms he's dictating or, break up and find someone who can give you what you want.

I can't see that he's backing away from you and the relationship... he certainly wouldn't be introducing you to his family if he had thoughts of dumping you, I'm sure.
    Agree - would be good to know what the reason are but are you perhaps reading too much into this? Forms of communication always change as a relationship progresses...and this sounds like just that. Because you are contacting him all the time, why not backoff a bit and give him a chance to miss you, he'll most likely get in touch straight away! Best of luck and let us know how things progress.

Talk to him.