+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nearly 3 Months after Breaking Up.....

Nearly 3 Months after Breaking Up.....

We where together nearly two years, she broke up with me start of june this year, I was absolutely destroyed I've been fine the last month and half though, But for some reason the last few days she's been on my mind, I've been dreaming about her a lot, Thinking about her so much......I feel as if i've gone from being strong, And being pretty much over the break up, Back 10 steps to feeling destroyed with emotions. Why do i miss her ? I went from spending 2 years, every single day, With my soul mate, The love of my life, To never seeing her Sorry, Just a rant.

Hey MrRich,

Can't shed light on your personal situation but I do empathize as I feel like I am going through something similar, and I have three theories. Just a bit of a preface, we were together 11 months (I broke it off but kinda didn't have a choice coz he was treatin me like shit) and broke up 6 weeks ago. First 4-5 weeks I actually felt fine and thought it was all going to be smooth sailing but this past week I have been thinking about him NON-STOP and it is really confusing me.

My first theory is because I have returned to Uni and things are really full on and I have been really tired and I think when we are feeling that way nostalgia can set in (same as when we feel angry or lonely or even hungry). So has anything changed in your life of late that may make you feel a bit 'lower' than usual?

My second theory is I feel like I am over him and therefore ready to date again but totally don't know how/when/if that is ever going to happen and feeling a little bit overwhelmed and lonely and would love probably just love some sort of attention. Sounds egotistical but just being honest.

Third one is he is my 'default' guy.. the last person to have my heart so my feelings automatically aim for him. I am convinced if/when someone else comes on the scene, no matter what capacity, he will exit my life for good.

Push past it mate, it is a temporary madness.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Hey MrRich,

Can't shed light on your personal situation but I do empathize as I feel like I am going through something similar, and I have three theories. Just a bit of a preface, we were together 11 months (I broke it off but kinda didn't have a choice coz he was treatin me like shit) and broke up 6 weeks ago. First 4-5 weeks I actually felt fine and thought it was all going to be smooth sailing but this past week I have been thinking about him NON-STOP and it is really confusing me.

My first theory is because I have returned to Uni and things are really full on and I have been really tired and I think when we are feeling that way nostalgia can set in (same as when we feel angry or lonely or even hungry). So has anything changed in your life of late that may make you feel a bit 'lower' than usual?

My second theory is I feel like I am over him and therefore ready to date again but totally don't know how/when/if that is ever going to happen and feeling a little bit overwhelmed and lonely and would love probably just love some sort of attention. Sounds egotistical but just being honest.

Third one is he is my 'default' guy.. the last person to have my heart so my feelings automatically aim for him. I am convinced if/when someone else comes on the scene, no matter what capacity, he will exit my life for good.

Push past it mate, it is a temporary madness.
    Thanks !

I agree so much with your third theory ! perhaps because we've spent quite a large portion of our time with someone its hard to forget them, And they become that 'person' In which our mind seeks comfort in, I guess spending 24 hours 7 days a week with your soul mate, Doing everything together, Enjoying life together, making plans, Then going to never seeing each other ever again has hit me harder then i first thought, Its almost like this emptyness inside, Where as before i was complete, I had the one person who i would have done anything for, Who i loved, But now i just have nothing there anymore, Only friends.

I guess once i find someone new, Someone who i fall in love with, These feelings, Dreams, Thoughts will disapier !

Wish you all the best

This was not your soul mate or you would still be together. After my ex broke up with me after 2 years, I felt just like you do. But, I met my true love a few months later. So looking back, I am thankful that my ex broke up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by troy43 View Post
    This was not your soul mate or you would still be together. After my ex broke up with me after 2 years, I felt just like you do. But, I met my true love a few months later. So looking back, I am thankful that my ex broke up with me.
    Thanks Glad to hear you've found your true love, I hope i can find mine soon

Quote Originally Posted by troy43 View Post
    That's so encouraging. I got dumped about 4 weeks ago and it is so refreshing to hear that this will probably open the doors up for me to meet the love of my life.