+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you...

The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you...

... and the rest don't know how to screw you, as Samantha Jones would say.

So I’m sat here waiting for a call from my best friend to go and meet up with her.

Her boyfriend broke up with her on Tuesday. They were friends before, then hooked up in June. He seems like a very nice guy, pretty quiet, couldn’t really say anything bad about him, except for the fact that his personality seemed a bit too weak for my friend.

He told her that something really bad happened to him but that he can’t tell her what, that he’s really depressed and that he can’t be in a relationship at the moment, that she deserves better and so on, which we both think is BS. He also says that he wants to stay friends like they were before hooking up and now he’s acting like nothing ever happened. Today he rang her to tell her that a mutual friend of theirs told him to bring her to her birthday party Friday, then went on about how he was out all night last night, going on a pub crawl with his mates (where’s his depression now?), that he drove while drunk all night without scratching his car but someone hit it in the parking lot etc.

Now she went to meet up with him to get some of her CDs back but the real reason is that she’s frustrated because he hasn’t told her the real reason he broke up with her and wants to confront him about it.

Maybe the problem is the fact that their relationship was born out of context if you know what I mean - they went out together all the time, they're both good looking, enjoyed eachother's company and so on, then each though 'what if we were more?'. They had the idea of a relationship before liking eachother in that way, and didn't like eachother romantically first then end up in a relationship if that makes sense.

But if that's the case why couldn't he just be honest instead of coming up with that silly little story?

I'm not asking for advice or anything, I've just got nothing else to do while waiting and I keep wondering if there are any decent men left on this planet because at the moment I feel like they all should be only used for their c*cks then kicked out.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    wrong category. move it elsewhere
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Who the f is samantha jones?

As I said I'm not looking for advice, it's more of a rant which is why I put it in off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Who the f is samantha jones?
    Character on Sex and the City.

Oh yeah ok I just twigged she 's the hot cougar!
    O.k let me read on.....dont worry about bo he seems like a pseudo moderator.
    Last edited by rafterman; 19-08-11 at 04:56 AM.

Haha yeah. The b*tch is funny.

There are assholes.

There are bitches.

The opposite sex will always disappoint when things don't work out.

Unfortunately, people are people, and most people are flawed in one way or another.

One thing that seems to be a recurring theme is that people seem to have an aversion to honesty and sincerity; and doing the right thing tends not to be a priority. I always find it laughable how people have the capacity to convince themselves NOT to do the right thing, often because the 'right' thing is not always the 'easy' thing.

I'm glad at least I have girl friends as well as guys; when things don't work out, or so get screwed over I don't find myself hating the opposite sex.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Yeah dont this wrong way, but from what I've seen of your posts you seem like the fall guy(gal)???

He sounds like he"s got cold feet about something.He could be over her?To be honest Vanessa I wonder if there's any decent women left out there?
    Last edited by rafterman; 19-08-11 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    There are assholes.

There are bitches.
    Me and my male best friend have a private joke - all men are bastards, all women are bitches, lucky none of us falls into any of these categories.

Exactly. When people have to chose between what's right and what's easy, most usually go for the second and that's one of the things that's f'ed up about the world generally.

Dunno. I've got male friends too and they are great guys, so there are decent guys. It's true that generally most people suck - I've also met very many women I wish didn't exist, but I can't help feeling like this now. I've been told I have issues because of my relationship [or lack thereof] with the bastard whose DNA I share.

I can't say I hate men because hate is a pretty strong feeling and I haven't got the time and energy to hate anyone.

rafterman, what do you mean by 'fall gal'? I don't know about the sexual abuse thing, I think he would have been more affected if it was something like that. She's supposed to be talking to him about it right now, I'm waiting for her to be done and call but it seems like they're taking forever.

Rafterman trying to push his emotional shit on yo girls boy.

Want a cuddle Rafterman?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

@ Vanessa: Well, if that's how you're feeling, just let it out; I'm sure nobody here will take it personally.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

^ Damn ****ing right, we will. I'm very ****ing personally offended, yo.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    He sounds like he"s got cold feet about something.He could be over her?To be honest Vanessa I wonder if there's any decent women left out there?
    Yeah whatever it is I just wish he woulda admitted that. Uhm. There are. I know a few. Some of my friends are psycho bitches when it comes to men but are ok as a female friends, and some actually are great gals overall.
    And you still haven't told me why is it that you think I'm a fall gal.

You know I always thought that when people say they're not ready to be in a relationship it's just a made up thing to blow someone off, but I kinda feel like it for the first time in my life, I mean if I were to start a relationship right now or even after I move past this 'all men are bastards' stage, I'd know there is a chance I'd end up hurt and at the moment I'm not willing to take that chance. I believe I can deal with anything as long as I know precisely what I'm dealing with, but now I don't even wanna contemplate going through a break up.

So I should just stop thinking about men overall and just move on with my life.

^ Uni is only around the corner, I'm sure you will get yo fill of men then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast