+ Follow This Topic

Thread: few questions about why guys do these things...

few questions about why guys do these things...

NOT SAYING THAT ALL GUYS DO THESE THINGS, JUST ASKING IF YOU DO ANY OF THESE...WHY DO YOU DO IT....

1) why do guys talk to girls in a flirty way when they have no intention of doing anything with them?
    ...do they like the attention and like to feel wanted?

2) why do guys not like to talk about how they feel?
    ...does it make them feel less of a man?

3) why do guys not show they care?
    .... or do they genuinly not car?

4) why do guys cheat?
    ...does sticking your dick in someone else's vagina really make you that happy and feel so different to doing it with your gf?

I take offense to 2-4, especially 4. You're generic catagorization of guys is probably not a healthy thing to have in your head if you're actually interested in dating them. I'll answer number 1) They're not being flirty, they're being friendly - you're just insecure.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Those aren't guys you're talking about; they're losers.

Solution: don't associate with/date losers.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I take offense to 2-4, especially 4. You're generic catagorization of guys is probably not a healthy thing to have in your head if you're actually interested in dating them. I'll answer number 1) They're not being flirty, they're being friendly - you're just insecure.

didnt mean to cause offence...
    its not saying that all guys dont talk about how they feel, and dont show they care and stuff... it was just saying if your a guy who doesnt talk about how they feel? why dont they...

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fuggles0 View Post
    NOT SAYING THAT ALL GUYS DO THESE THINGS, JUST ASKING IF YOU DO ANY OF THESE...WHY DO YOU DO IT....

1) why do guys talk to girls in a flirty way when they have no intention of doing anything with them?

4) why do guys cheat?
    ...does sticking your dick in someone else's vagina really make you that happy and feel so different to doing it with your gf?
    1. Sometimes women take being friendly for flirting.

2. Some guys don't, and some guys know you won't like the answer.

3. We do. Some women just nitpick on the times we don't and fail to see all the times we do.

4. Because some guys do. It's a part of life, unfortunately.

1. You misinterpret this. it is a guy thing to show (gesture) masculinity.

2. We don't normally show or say what we feel though you girls seem to know what we really feel.

3. We do show we care. Sometimes we are passionate about it.

4. Even girls cheat.
    ...--Just an ordinary guy--...
    Willing to sacrifice for a girl
    ...--forahotdate.com--...

1) I laughed out loud at this one. Women hold the reins when it comes to flirting without intention. These people simply want attention. Do some guys do it? Sure. But the rest are probably just being friendly, and you're terrible at reading cues. I, for one, have never flirted with a woman without the intention of pursuing things further.

2) Most guys do like to talk about how they feel. If you're continually dating guys who can't open up, you need to reevaluate your choice of men.

3) A decent guy will show that he cares. He might not show it exactly how you'd like him to show it, but he will care, and he will express that to you.

4) Guys cheat for the same reason women cheat. They are a) greedy b) unhappy with the relationship c) unhappy with themselves/something in their lives outside the relationship or d) some combination thereof.

Because just like for women it's a self confidence/ego boost. Also as others have said it's just being friendly and sometimes taken the wrong way. Many women would really be surprised how insecure males are and how much validation they get from the way women treat them. For example I emailed a few pics to my wife the other night (i'm deployed right now) 2 were shirtless to show her my results so far from working out like crazy to get in amazing shape (mostly for her btw I want to be irresistible to her) and what response do I get..... your room is messy babe and you can barely see my room, that kinda hurt.

Men are slow to talk about how they feel because in my experience a lot of women want you to open up but then because of the expectation of a man to be a rock and be confident, anything that shows any insecurities is met with laughter or talked down to... that's why its hard to open up to women.

You're dating the wrong kinda guys, I've been deployed 5 weeks and sent my wife flowers at work so everyone there could see how much I love her, I also bought her $200 in gift cards because she said to many times for me to stomach that she thinks she needs to lose weight and says she isn't when I tell her she is beautiful, so I told her go buy some sexy underwear and clothes so she can see herself how I see her through my eyes.

4) why do guys cheat?

Never cheated in my life and never will and at least half the men I know if not more never have either.... this day in age women and men cheat about equally and most of the time it's because they are not getting what they need at home, whether it be not enough sex, not enough exploration and trying new things, or just feel unloved and not special to their significant other.

...do they like the attention and like to feel wanted? YES

...does it make them feel less of a man? NO, sum are just a scared to and think if they dont talk problem or what the situation is goes away

.... or do they genuinly not car? Because sum are true dicks, i only care about what i choose to. which is normaly little more then what you women might think.

4) why do guys cheat? As i watched my best freind for non cheater to cheater i will say, he was unhappy with his g/f but new she was good for him. once he worked himself up the guts to seal the deal with sum1 else it was more of bragging writes and a new high, like a hobby, an additions he got caught up until he slipped up. a year later he matured to the point hes not the sam person and only wants anything to do with 1 girl at a time. he now regreats listening to me to just either break up with his gf he cheated on or accept he will one day marry her and have it made.

it has nothig do with the other girl, its just about using them for somthing your lacking in your life or in your mind. i wont cheat, its 1 girl when when i have her shes who i wanna be with, im not dealing with the guilt or bs or lies.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    1) Same reason why girls talk flirty to guys with no intention of doing anything. It's fun to flirt and it makes one feel good to feel wanted.
    2) Beats me, I'm not like that at all.
    3) Pretty much the same as 2.
    4) Many studies state women cheat more than men. So, why do women cheat?
    Well, there are a wide variety of reasons for it, but it mostly comes down to them being bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by fuggles0 View Post
    Sometimes they are just practicing flirting.

Yep. Remember, most guys mature emotionally much more slowly than women. So that means they are not in touch with their emotions real well, especially if they are younger. (Teens and twenties.)

Again, it's about emotional maturity. Happens most often to younger guys. I show I care to my gf, a lot. In many ways. Some of my girlfriends were overwhelmed and surprised by how attentive I am too. But they were very happily surprised.

4) why do guys cheat?
    Because his gf doesn't do things he wants. That's mostly it. Also, I have never cheated. I have more self-respect than that.
    Last edited by bulrush; 20-08-11 at 03:04 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)