+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She thinks I hate her, what should I do?

She thinks I hate her, what should I do?

Hi, my girlfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago on a solid LDR over a schooldegree/pressure/parental reason. Although we still loved each other, I thought it was best for her if I'd just accept the break up. I told her I'd avoid contacting her for awhile so I removed her as friend on Facebook and Messenger. I was just hoping to keep a semi-formal touch (sort of open relationship) with her until she finishes her degree but I just needed to have that No Contact month to think over. She thinks I'm hating on her and she keeps telling her friends that I was an asshole for deleting her. What should I do?
    Last edited by voltz_maker; 19-08-11 at 07:42 PM.

it seems like she's not over you otherwise she wouldn't have gotten mad

She's defiitely not over you yet. try to get in youch with her and make her realise she needs to move on. You guys an still be friends and you can still have her as a friend on facebook. It looks like that still gives her the memories of the good times you had together. Stay in touch. You never can tell, you might still get back together some day.

Quote Originally Posted by voltz_maker View Post
    Hi, my girlfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago on a solid LDR over a schooldegree/pressure/parental reason. Although we still loved each other, I thought it was best for her if I'd just accept the break up. I told her I'd avoid contacting her for awhile so I removed her as friend on Facebook and Messenger. I was just hoping to keep a semi-formal touch (sort of open relationship) with her until she finishes her degree but I just needed to have that No Contact month to think over. She thinks I'm hating on her and she keeps telling her friends that I was an asshole for deleting her. What should I do?
    So you and your pen-pal stopped writing to each other.

You said "I thought it was best for her if I'd just accept the break up." - so who initiated the break up?

Did you speak to her about what your intentions were before you did it, or did you make assumptions? She's also making assumptions about why you did it. The only way to fix that is honest communications.

How do you know what she's telling her friends?