+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    if she broke up with you yesterday and she's texting you all day today then she isn't finished with you. Tell her to CALL you tonite and see if you can work it out. One of the concessions that you both need to make to one another is you will not have meaningful conversations via text EVER AGAIN. You said in your opening post that you broke up because of "ridiculous text fights." What am I to think when you say that? That texting and lack of mature communication was the reason for the breaking up.

ANSWER HER text and tell her "to call you tonight. Texting is not the way to handle this." If after she calls and she still doesn't want to try to work it out with you then come back and start a new thread that it's actually over for good in which case I'll tell you to turn off your phone and ignore the bitch.
    hahaha okay, I sent that text, we'll see what happens. Yeah, we are too old to be texting this much and with such conflict, you're right. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by tjtigers14 View Post
    hahaha okay, I sent that text, we'll see what happens. Yeah, we are too old to be texting this much and with such conflict, you're right. Thanks for the advice
    Good luck.. let us know what she's really decided. Breaking up and then texting you constantly is hardly someone who's "done" but, we'll see.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    if she broke up with you yesterday and she's texting you all day today then she isn't finished with you. Tell her to CALL you tonite and see if you can work it out. One of the concessions that you both need to make to one another is you will not have meaningful conversations via text EVER AGAIN. You said in your opening post that you broke up because of "ridiculous text fights." What am I to think when you say that? That texting and lack of mature communication was the reason for the breaking up.

ANSWER HER text and tell her "to call you tonight. Texting is not the way to handle this." If after she calls and she still doesn't want to try to work it out with you then come back and start a new thread that it's actually over for good in which case I'll tell you to turn off your phone and ignore the bitch.
    This is exactly right. And if during the course of your voice conversation you can't communicate without getting into a fight, then you both need to learn new techniques of communication/fair fighting.

These are the things that work:

Change your number. Disconnect from her completely. There is no winning when you are in this state of mind. Desperation is seldom if ever attractive and you are very desperate.

Get into the gym, start working out. Stick to a diet and aspire to Greek god status. Boost your ego, and boost your self-esteem.

Stay close to your guy friend(s). Any guy friend will do. Be able to talk openly with him about your feelings. Get it out. Do things together. Momentum is key.

Set some realistic goals like going back to school or getting a new job. Start small.

Set some unrealistic goals. Really big goals that you cannot accomplish within your lifetime. It'll get your excited. More motivation and momentum.

Drink plenty of water. Get fishoil and take a multi-vitamin. St. John's Warts if you start falling into depression.

Take melatonin at night to get to sleep after a workout. Don't stay up and play video games, watch movies, surf the internet or waste your time in any way on the computer.

Buy some new clothes. Start to feel better about yourself.

Take yourself out to dinner by yourself. Take a book with you, anything. Just do it, you won't regret it even though it feels stupid at first.

If you do all of these things you'll blow past all this desperation and be in a much better place.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12