+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was an asshole

I was an asshole

I stayed home from university to date this girl, I met her at a mutual friend's party, we really liked each other and ended up losing our virginities to each other. And then, I don't remember when, it started getting sour. We were always bickering and getting in ridiculous (absolutely ridiculous) texting fights. I broke up with her all the time, for like 15 minutes before I was trying to fix it again. But this time, she was done. And I don't blame her. I just don't know where to go from here. I suck at talking to girls, I am on probation so I can't go out and get ****ed up, I'm stuck here at home with barely any friends going to community college. I work with her sister and I just can't see going on without her or know what I'm going to do.

Please help...where do I go from here. Is there any way I can get her back?

give her time and space.. if she wants to be with you she will let you know.. dont do what Ive done and try to get back with her..

What did you do?

Let it cool down and start all over again.
    Don't hurry when it is hot, you might get burn.
    ...--Just an ordinary guy--...
    Willing to sacrifice for a girl
    ...--forahotdate.com--...

You're like oil on fire. Just because you lost your virginity to one another it doesn't mean that you're meant to spend the rest of your lives together. If you learn to communicate (NOT THROUGH TEXT BUT THROUGH ACTUAL WORDS SAID FACE TO FACE) then you won't have the mis-understandings that can happen (and mostly do) when texting. Texting is for things like "we're out of milk can you pick up a quart on your way home, please?" It's not for having meaningful conversations.. not at all so quit it.

You're on "probation" you say? I suggest you work on yourself and finish your college course so that you can learn to be the best you that you can be. Get some hobbies to keep you out of trouble. Take a self improvement course, join a co-ed sports team like baseball or volleyball where you'll meet young, healthy people of both sexes.

In the meantime, don't bother trying to get back with this girl. If she wants to be with you, she will contact you. If she does ~ dont bloody text her... pick up the phone and talk to her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

haha so true about the texting, I've always known that but been unable to stop myself from texting her because I want to always be talking to her. But yeah I am keeping that bloody phone away from me so I don't text her. Problem is, she's been texting me all morning and I'm helpless when I hear that vibration.

Hahah baseball and volleyball and self-improvement, it seems like you actually know me. Thanks for the advice, very useful.

to her. But yeah I am keeping that bloody phone away from me so I don't text her. Problem is, she's been texting me all morning and I'm helpless when I hear that vibration.
    so? Call her and TALK to her on the phone instead of reading what each other has to say. If she doesn't pick up then fk her and the horse she rode in on.

This is about human nature and common sense. It's not rocket science.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

she's at work! She couldn't even not text me for an hour...she still loves me, I know it. Ugh

Text her once and only once and tell her to "call you when she gets home or is on a break from work ~ No texting please.: End of. If you think she stills loves you then why the "ugh?" Do you want to be with this girl or do you want to have a text war with bouts of sex in between the fighting on screen?

Show us how you are smarter than the vibe you're giving off in your thread.

I said ugh because I know she still wants to be with me but seems unwilling to get back together...and I don't really know what vibes you're talking about but I assure you I want to be with this girl. I think that whenever a guy breaks down in tears, it probably means he cares about a girl. Maybe that's just me.

Clean your room and find a hobby. work out, deal with it. sooner you realize its over soon you can do whatever. going out to get ****ed up does nothing....reason you keep wanting to get ****ed up cuz your are ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by tjtigers14 View Post
    I said ugh because I know she still wants to be with me but seems unwilling to get back together...and I don't really know what vibes you're talking about but I assure you I want to be with this girl. I think that whenever a guy breaks down in tears, it probably means he cares about a girl. Maybe that's just me.
    The vibe that you don't have much common sense. CALL HER ON THE ****ING PHONE AND WORK IT OUT WITHOUT THE USE OF TEXT MESSAGES OR shut up about it. That is my advice.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    The vibe that you don't have much common sense. CALL HER ON THE ****ING PHONE AND WORK IT OUT WITHOUT THE USE OF TEXT MESSAGES OR shut up about it. That is my advice.

The end.
    Dude she broke up with me face to face yesterday and we talked for an hour. I'm not a 12-year-old that only texts with his girlfriend. Texting is an issue but I"m not retarded. I posted this on the Broken Hearts board because my heart is broken. I sat next to her on her driveway and begged her to not dump me but nothing worked. I don't know why she is texting now but that's not the issue, I was trying to get tips on how to move on. Sorry for bothering you, I'm just a little lost

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    Clean your room and find a hobby. work out, deal with it. sooner you realize its over soon you can do whatever. going out to get ****ed up does nothing....reason you keep wanting to get ****ed up cuz your are ****ed up.
    I suppose so. I just think of boozing as an essential part of a break up, followed by acceptance, self-improvement and moving on It's part of the process!

Quote Originally Posted by tjtigers14 View Post
    Dude she broke up with me face to face yesterday and we talked for an hour. I'm not a 12-year-old that only texts with his girlfriend. Texting is an issue but I"m not retarded. I posted this on the Broken Hearts board because my heart is broken. I sat next to her on her driveway and begged her to not dump me but nothing worked. I don't know why she is texting now but that's not the issue, I was trying to get tips on how to move on. Sorry for bothering you, I'm just a little lost
    if she broke up with you yesterday and she's texting you all day today then she isn't finished with you. Tell her to CALL you tonite and see if you can work it out. One of the concessions that you both need to make to one another is you will not have meaningful conversations via text EVER AGAIN. You said in your opening post that you broke up because of "ridiculous text fights." What am I to think when you say that? That texting and lack of mature communication was the reason for the breaking up.

ANSWER HER text and tell her "to call you tonight. Texting is not the way to handle this." If after she calls and she still doesn't want to try to work it out with you then come back and start a new thread that it's actually over for good in which case I'll tell you to turn off your phone and ignore the bitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast