+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she thinking??

What is she thinking??

What is she thinking??
    This story starts in a bar about 7 weeks ago. I met a girl, we'll call Kelly, and she e-mailed me on Facebook the next day to say it was nice meeting you. We eventually went out twice over a two week period. I played it VERY cool. I texted sporadically. After only our 2nd date, Kelly invited me to her sister's wedding reception. I was like whoa ... a little fast...and I turned her down. She asked me to come out with her and her friends another night .. I turned her down. I wasn't feeling it that much, mostly because of a previous girlfriend who suddenly popped out of nowhere and seemed interested. But once I realized that would amount to nothing I could finally focus on Kelly.

We met for our 3rd date a nearly full month after the first and I finally saw her for what she is.. a pretty amazing girl. It was by far our best date. It ended with an incredible makeout session that she clearly did not want to end. And she said something to me interesting ... Sorry I haven't texted that much ... I feel like it's up to the guy to pursue the girl early in a relationship, which I took as a clear sign that she wanted me to step up my game. So the next week I stepped my pursuit... texting more ... asking her out more. We had our best ever conversations, but she started coming up with excuses for why she couldn't go out. She just started her last year of college so that is playing a role in some of this. It's a very difficult major. But all of a sudden she seems to be the one playing it cool. The only time I've seen her since our 3rd date two weeks ago was when I met up with her and her friends last weekend. She seemed slightly distant but it was my first time hanging out with her friends, and obviously she wants to talk to them as well. So, I wasn't too worried about that.

When I text she still usually responds in a timely fashion. She responds usually with pretty long texts, not short, get lost kinds of answers. This week I sent her flowers to help her get through the first of week school. She loved them. She texted about how sweet and thoughtful it was .. how much her mom loved them, but how she wouldn't let her have them. She sent me pictures of them and it led to our best conversation since last week. Today I texted her about her trip out of town this weekend, and after a couple of texts about that said "I hope we can do something when you get back. It's been way too long since we've hung out." She never responded to that one.

After I played it so cool the first few weeks, she now has all the power. Has she lost some interest, gotten distracted by someone or something, or is she making me chase her? I'm confused.

It sounds like she wanted some of the power back and now she's deciding if she wants to pursue things with you. We all want to be chased, that's obvious and you're right, she could have a new interest. So maybe back off for a bit. You know she's going out of town so see what she does when she gets back. If she doesn't get in touch, fight the urge to do it. If she wants you, she will be in touch...we can't hold out very long.