+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Drunk call from ex

Drunk call from ex

Long story short, he dumped me a couple months ago (like a coward by just ignoring me completely all of a sudden). We had been in a relationship for about 4 months.

Starting a couple weeks ago, he calls and texts me every time he's had a few drinks telling me how sorry he is for what he did, that I deserve so much better, but that he can't forget me and wants me back. He has some issues (of which I knew - it has never been easy with him) and keeps saying that he's such an awful person.

When I try to get him to meet me when he's sober, he ignores me. So last night, I reply to his texts that it's funny that these things only ever cross his mind when he's drunk and he says that this was the only time he has the balls to contact me and that he's so embarrassed and doesn't want to hurt me again. But that he doesn't want anyone else but me.

What the hell? Is he playing me or is he really too embarrassed to face me sober? This is really not about the question of whether it makes sense for me to give this another shot, I'm just trying to figure out if he's serious.

Its all drunk talk. He never calls you when he's sober. He only wants you cause its over.

Send his calls to your voicemail and get friends together and laugh at how pathetic he is.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ignore it. He's a complete pussy.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

It's only drunk calls. If he's ignoring you when he's sober then he isn't wanting to come back. He's probably calling when he's drunk because he has no one else to call. And the fact that you respond makes him feel like you're still there for him if he did decide to come back. That in turn makes it harder for you to move on and easier for him. I would start ignoring his calls and texts. Since people tend to want what they can't have, he may try a little harder when you start ignoring him, but stay strong and move on. This is the person he is, and this is the person he will most likely always be.

just ignore him, he probably goes out, gets drunk, fails to get any women and then ends up calling you talking shit.