+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do men lie on dates?

Why do men lie on dates?

Oh yeah. So he says 'I want to have children, I would marry you if you were not with someone else.' etc

He does not mean it in the slightest!! It's just to get his way with me. Why tell such things when you do not mean it?

He tells you this to get his hole he tells you this because he thinks your just a hole and not important to him other then for him to get you in bed but he sincerely believes that you are such a superifical person that you need false reassurance to sleep with him.
    He doesnt see any woman as anything other than emotional hormonal matural brood cows
    So you answered your question and my partner is reading this and he says he knows the guy is not in your league and lies make his sad little brain think he's in your league at least till he's rolled his meat
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Not sure how you expect anyone to give you meaningful advice when you have not provided any meaningful details,

How do you know he is lying?

And why are you dating if you're already with someone else?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

It's only some guys and it's best to immediately break off contact with them and go find someone who's a better partner or friend. These are times when I wish I could just put someone on a block list in real life like I can do to them when using online dating sites.

We lie on dates to get in your pants ....

Which brings up to the question:
    Why Do women lie on dates?

How do you know he is lying?

I don't think I would do it, seems like a bad idea to start off lying. From your example: maybe they've been honest about not wanting kids and not wanting to get married and they're scared they won't ever get a girlfriend again if they tell the truth?

It's usually pretty obvious which guys mean what they say when they start talking about marriage and love and which ones are lying for some reason or are delusional and have no idea what those things actually mean.

Some are probably scared to tell the truth rather than having a more negative ulterior motive but they are just shooting themselves in the foot by lying instead of finding someone who shares their views. It's still going to come out eventually and several times now I've seen women break up with a guy just because he lied so much when they would have tried to make it work despite disagreements or different desires had he been honest in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Why tell such things when you do not mean it?
    It's just to get his way with me.
    There you go.

Like I tell most people, if it doesn't feel right, it's not. This talk of babies and marriage should be left for when things get serious. If a guy starts in about marriage and crap, just tell him you are not ready to talk about that at this time, then see what he has left to say to get into you pants.

Girls if you don't push the marriage talk and having babies, you will have more guys wanting to marry you. Reverse psychology....it actually works.

Actually aside from those looking for one night stands I had a lot of trouble finding a guy who didn't care about marriage and didn't want kids in the future. For most of them the near future.

If you're dating then talking about marriage and kids is way WAY too early. And women lie as well don't forget. I had a date with a woman who said she was my age - she was older - and she said she was 'proportional' - no she was fat.

Because hes a player.

Nothing more to do. Just dispose and open yourself up to someone else.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

Oh yeah. So he says 'I want to have children, I would marry you if you were not with someone else.' etc
    Am I reading this wrong? O.P are you dating this guy, and your already in a relationship???WTF

If this is the case, I would have to question your integrity?
    Last edited by rafterman; 22-08-11 at 05:33 AM. Reason: add Q

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would marry you if you were not with someone else.' etc

Yeah, men are SUCH scum! lol

(sarcasm)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?