+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is this guy thinking?

what is this guy thinking?

There is a guy I met through friends his girlfriend recently broke up with him. The first time meeting with him we talked for a while and he hugged me with both arms around me. We all had dinner he talked with me instead of his guy friends and I had to hand something to him and he brushed his hand against my hand. He likes to joke and tease with me and one day we passed by each other and he looked deep into my eyes did not smile or say anything. He hugged me again this time closer and with his hands on my lower back.

He has taken a new job and just moved but we have talked on facebook. I am intern that program ending soon and this may just be luck but I applied for another internship in the same state and area where he is living.

What is this guy thinking we both just met I know he was with his ex-girlfriend for couple years. I know he must be hurting. Last year I had a guy who really hurt me. I am being a friend to this new guy I met. I do not know if I will see him again that depends if I do get the job. since we connected because other girls around and he only talked and flirted with me. I do have a feeling he likes me not sure how much I may be wrong he just looking for comfort. I do have some feelings for him also.
    Last edited by prsawyer; 21-08-11 at 11:45 PM. Reason: delete word

Just keep pursuing him. Ask him to meet up for a date.

If he is showing interest in you then I would definitely keep pursuing him. However, I'd pursue with caution being that he just broke up with his ex of a couple years. I know when I break up with a girlfriend it feels great to have someone else that I find attractive and have a connection with there. However I may or may not be ready to pursue something with someone, more so just flirting, having fun, and giving myself some confidence. Unless you know the circumstances between him and his ex, as if there could still be some feelings there, you don't want to set yourself up to get hurt.

I would definitely say pursue anyone you're interested in, but in this particular situation I would just pursue with caution until you know where he stands.

What's he thinking? He's looking for a replacement... but I'd beware if I were you - you'll probably just end up being a rebound relationship. Make him go slow, don't jump into anything too quickly.