+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I've Broken up with my Girlfriend of 6 Years *Advice Needed *

I've Broken up with my Girlfriend of 6 Years *Advice Needed *

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for anyone who responds. So here is a short timeline of our relationship:

Met 2005 and started relationship in college > Broke up 2010 for 6 months to reconsider relationship > June 2011 she moved into my house > Today I told her to leave and broke up with her.

Things were going great until she moved in. Living together wasn't the problem in my opinion, it just highlighted all of our negative behaviour to a point where I can't see passed them, or indeed be with her. Now I know I'm quite strict with people in terms of what I expect from them, and so a nagging doubt is creeping in that it's all my fault.

1) She waits until we have a huge argument before giving me the bills money. Even more annoying is she earns a lot, and has thousands of pounds in savings.
    2) She refuses to use her car for any purpose at all. So wherever we go I have to drive and she even won't use her own car to go to work if she can get a lift in, then she'll expect me to go pick her up.
    3) We go about 4 weeks at a time without sex, and when we do it's basically because I tell her I'm not willing to go any longer without sex and she'll have to sleep downstairs if she doesn't. I know this is bad but the reason we broke up in 2010 is because our sex life was so bad I ended up cheating with a co-worker regularly. And it was purely to satisfy my basic needs.
    4) She literally doesn't talk when it's just me and her in the house. And then she acts so fake and enthusiastic when people come round. We've never lived together before so I've never noticed that she basically may as well be a card board cut out.
    5) When I explain what I don't like she just ignores me completely, and then eventually she says sorry. But she'll deliberately not reply when I ask her questions, look away, yawn etc to try to show that she doesn't care about what I'm saying. In the past she's told me that if I'm telling her something I'm not happy about she just sits and thinks of insults to me in her mind.

For all of the above I basically cannot stand her. I think she isn't a decent person whatsoever, and I'm dissapointed I wasted some much time with her.

The doubt is that maybe I'm to strict on money....and maybe all girls behave like this....I don't know?

I want to know if I should try with her, totally separate, if I should change my behaviour perhaps? Whatever you think is the best route for us.

Cheers,

The relationship has broken up, for good reasons it seems, why not just leave it at that? Don't feel you have to work it out coz you have invested 6 years in this woman. Move on.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Doesn't sound like a relationship; not a good one anyhow.

She doesn't seem to want to be flexible or communicative.

In fact, it doesn't sound as though you are friends at all.

Don't change yourself for someone who doesn't seem to want to make things work in the first place.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Thanks guy, I really appreciate any advice. Can't talk to my family or friends about it.