+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Common is it for people to think marriage, kids is unnecessary?

I'm not 1 that wants kids, never did, never will. I've recently realized I don't really want to get married as well. I guess at some point I might marry my current guy, but I'm not rushing, pushing doing anything. We will not do anything different than we do right now, the only difference is the legal piece of paper that will wind up proving VERY EXPENSIVE if we were to get divorced.

As for not wanting children, I've run the gammot of your selfish shit too. I tell them it's my life & I will do with it what I want. I see people "spitting" out kids at crazy fast rates & they don't want them or properly take care of them. I'm not saying I would be 1 of those types of parents, but I just honestly don't want to bring a child in to this world the way things are going with the economy & world, forget it.

50% of marriages are successful. I want to experience it and I will probably take 'the risk'. There are no guarantees in life anyway, why let fear of something failing stop you?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Marriage to me is a sign of lifelong commitment. If a man refused to marry me, or said he didn't want to marry me, I would be inclined to believe that he wanted a relationship with an escape hatch, and I would end the relationship.
    That would be 100% true.

Problem is, everyone changes. Some people change together all the time, which is great. I tend to not be that person, so it's not for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123