+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love

I was born in Chicago and live there most of my childhood and teenage years. I am far from the average Hmong girl. I come from a famiily that is rich and has a very strong belief in the Hmong Culture. As I was growing up, I hung around different asian gropus, because you all know theirs alot of asian in Chicago. Although my parents has a strong belief in the Hmong Culture it was alright with them for me to hang with different people.
    All my life I never dated, I don't know and understand why. But I always thought ,once the guys find out where I came from they are scared. I wish to live a normal life and a lower class life but this is what god have given me and I would have to live with it. I never been in love or never felt how love is, my parent introduce me to rich family... which I find them very boring and not interesting. It seem like they don't have any charterestic in them. My parent always told me that I should married into a family that is wealthy like your own. But my view is different, I want to married someone who love me for whom I am, someone who can make me smile when I'm feeling down and someone who can love me when I have nothing.
    While I was attending private High School I met a boy named Win Hun. He was a Senior and I was a Junior graduating early. He is very cute, respectful, kind, sweet, caring and all the things that I want in a guy. He comes from a single parent family. his father dead 7 years ago in a car accident. His mother trying to make a living to get him, his education. When I first met him, I knew I liked him. He had something in him that draws me into and I would like to know and find out more about him. We started to talk and hang out, he asked my how my parents are like? I told him that they are very stirk and have a strong belief in the Hmong Culture. They won't let me date or married a different nationality. Their dream for me is to married into a rich family. I told Win, no matter how much my parents wants me to married a rich family, I'm going to marrie someone that I Love, regradless if he is rich or poor.
    As we started to get to know each other more, our feelings for each other grew stronger. I knew a lot about his family and he knew a lot about main. We started dating at the same time trying to finish High school. We kept our relationship as quiet as possible because we knew that if everyone knew and my parents finds out, our relationship will be torn by my parents. For both of us, we have known that our relationship is not going to be easy at all. His mother likes me a lot and she does not have a problem accepting a different nationality into the family, but for my parents it's a whole different story.... everything matters alot.
    One day, we went out to play after school, I didn't tell my parents where I was going. I left when class was over, I wasn't scared what my parents was going to do, as long as I was with the one I Loved. Win said a lot about our relationship and he said he knows it's not going to be easy but we need to keep on trying and holding on to each other. He brought tears to my eyes when he said: He wants to married me? What will my answer be? He told me to wait on my answer because he's going to take me to visit his father grave and I will give him the answer there. So, I agreed and said okay. When we got there, he said: Dad here is my love, I ask her to married me and I want you to hear what the answer is going to be. I was crying so hard..... I said, YES I'll marrie you because I love you with all my heart. He gave me the ring, his father gave his mother. I told him, I didn't care how hard it's going to be becasue he was the only one that completed me.
    When he dropped me off at home, he gave me a kiss and said remember tonight okay, don't forget that your main and I'll always love you forever. Regradless of what your parents is going to do, be strong and don't leave me, my love. I reply him with a smile and a kiss. When I got inside to house my parents was waiting for me to enter the room. I acted like nothing happened, they said: Mena come and sit down. So I did, they said where have you been all day? I said out with my friend Kelly. They said you better not lie, I'm not lying I reply. My parents said they saw me with a guy? I said that's not me maybe you saw a person that looks like me. They saw the ring Win gave me, they ask who gave you that ring? I said I bought it for myself. But they did not believe me. They said they heard that I was dating a chinese boy? I said NO.... Who did you hear that from mom and Dad? They said my cousin Nora told them.... In my mind I thought "why do they have to find out now." I loved Win a lot and I know that I can't leave him, nor live without him. My parents told me to stop talking and seeing him because they already arange me to married my Uncle's Son...... Tears pour down my face and I said you can't do that...... My body went num..... and all I can think is... if I can't be with Win, I will not be with know one else.
    The next day of school, I told Win what my parents planed for me. I said, I love you with all my heart and I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't be with you, I will never love anyone in this life time. For us, we are graduating in 3 weeks and we planed to get married and live our life together after High School.
    We graduated and we planned to do our wedding as soon as possible. But it did not come as my heart dessire. I was force to married my Uncle's son the day before my wedding with Win. I was so heart broken that my parents will do something like this to there only daughter. The day I left my parents house my eyes was never dry and always fill with tears. I cried my heart out, not for anything but my love.
    The following weekend, we came to do my wedding... I cried so hard.... not a minute goes by without me crying. On my wedding day it was raining so hard, I knew this wedding is not suppose to happen and this guy is not my soulmate. I walked outside in the rain and yell out..... God, why did this have to happen to me? In my life all I ask for, was the one that I Love, Win. He's my everything..... But why did you have to give me this instead of him? As I took my eyes off the sky, I saw Win standing their at his car, with tears following down his face and his eyes was so red.... I ran and huge him. "Win, I love you, I don't how to live life without the person I love. If I can't love you this life time, I would not love anyone else." As both where crying, he said, my love remember that night I told you to remember, that I would always love you.. I'll wait for you for the rest of my life time and I will not married another girl because you are the that I married. I cried and cried a till I fainted. I woke up in Win's warm arms. He said no matter how much we care and love eachother, today is your wedding day and not ours. So I would have to take you back to your wedding, I think your parents is looking for you by now.... I said No... don't you know they took me the day before our wedding.... and today is your turn to take me too. He said, Sweetie I love you with all my heart and there will be no one else that, I would love more then you. But I'm a person that is going to do the right thing. No matter if my heart said I shouldn't, I have too. He took me back to my wedding... as tears drop from my eyes as he drive away.
    I went to the bathroom and grab a bottle of pills. I walk over to the park near our house.... My aunt's daughter aske me where I was going? I said I need to take a walk. As I walk away, she saw tears coming down.... she knew how I felt. I got to the park and notice that Win drove off to the park and not somewhere else. I went and set at a hill.... watching his car, I pour some pills into my hands, I wrote a note saying " what my paretns have done to me, not letting me married the person I was born to Love." I end the note with: Born To Love Someone, That my Parents Forbidden Me To Love. ..... As I took the pills I heard Win's voice from a distance.
    I saw grama and this younger guy with Grama.
    I said,
    Hello Grama...
    how are you doing? I hope that you are happy... hey grama I thought that you are dead? and who's that guy with you? I heard grama saying, yes my little sweetie I'm dead and living happy in heaven. This person with me is my friend, he's Win's father. He was the one who witness your love for Win. But it's not your time, to come and live with grama yet..... so go and live your life.....I saw what you did and whom you choose to Love, that's your soulmate. God, have the answer for everything.... it's not god's fault. It's because of what your parents think. They will soon realize what forbidden love can do. So my little angel go back and live your life with the one you chose to love. Be happy and one day we will meet again. I said, grama if I go back I will have to married someone that I don't love. Grama said, trust me my angel things will be fine.
    As I heard a person kept calling out my name, I open my eyes with a tears in them and turned to see, it was Win. I huge him and cried, I love you.... not noticing that my wedding was cancel and my parents was in the room with Win. I ask them to leave me alone with Win, for this have happen to me, because of them.
    As I was recovering, I told Win I had a chance to meet his father... and your father is the most nicest person anyone can have as a father. Win cried and I caught his tears ..... I said, we both will catch eachother tears when it falls.
    For us, we have now been married for 6 years and had two beautiful kids. My baby girl's name is Oceandelity Hun and my baby boy's name is Uephang Hun. We moved to Michigan to live our life there. Our love for each other is stronger then ever. I would love my husband, my kids and his mother a till the end of time.

I never forgave my parents for what they have done to me. Although I know, they gave me life and I would be thankful for that. I don't expect any help what so ever, nor I don't want anything to do with them no more. I think as if, my parents dead when they forbidden my Love.

Note: For whoever, had loved a person from a different nationality or a person your parents disproof of, no matter how hard it will be ... the one you chose to love.... no one can break you two up. Even though Blood is thicker then water... having love is stronger then blood.

Thank you for reading my story...

by Iva

Your life is yours to live and freedom is your right. Happy to know you are with the one you love. No one has the right to tell us who we should marry, not even our parents.

thank you for sharing!It writes well!

good story..

i almost cried over your beautiful story.

i think this is the kind of love i have been searching all the time. the love that have been hiding behind hardship and suffering.