+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do nice guys really finish last??

Do nice guys really finish last??

Im begining to believe it. Im nice all the time I treat people how I want to be treated. I treat a girl im with like gold and I couldnt hurt a fly if I wanted.. Yet I still cant find a lady who likes a nice guy.
    So ladies is it true??

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    No, it ain't too! Believe me, you haven't met the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hth View Post
    No, it ain't too! Believe me, you haven't met the right one.
    True but most women dont want guys like him. Women dont want to be put on pedestals. Its a women's job not to hurt flys.....be more of man. Men are aggressive and rough. Sounds cliche but most woman are attracted to the dominate male. You arent dominate.....you sound weak. Not putting you down....but you may have a harder time finding a women for your personality.
    Last edited by surfhb; 22-08-11 at 03:22 PM.

But thats the thing im a boxer. Im like that cuz I dont want people thinking just cuz im a boxer im mean or an animal. So im just nice to everyone.

I don't think that's true. But of course there are girls who are more attracted to 'bad boys' than nice guys or who don't like guys who are always being way too nice. (I'm one of those girls tbh. of course i want a guy who treats me right and respects me, but there's still a huge difference between that and someone who's being too nice and trying too hard to please you every single second. Somehow, that makes me feel really uncomfortable, but maybe that's just me.) So make sure you're going for the right girls! Also, remember that even girls like to chase (even just a little) after guys they like, because that's what makes flirting exciting. (this probably doesn't apply for every girl out there, but i'm just sharing my point of view.) I don't know what treating a girl like gold means for you, but if you mean that you're always overloading girls with compliments and saying they're always right and so on, i wouldn't really like that. If a guy did that to me i would think he's a bit desperate or so. (Not saying that you are though and again, maybe that's just me.) Anyway i'm sure there are a lot of girls out there who are really looking for that in a guy, maybe you just haven't met the right girl yet!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I think nice guys do very well. In the end they tend to wind up with very nice girls, just like them.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    No, I think nice guys do very well. In the end they tend to wind up with very nice girls, just like them.
    Yeah, it'll be harder for nice guys to find a girl but in return, they are more likely to find a nicer girl. At least, that's what I like to think because I refuse to become a bad boy.

Or girls see that they can use the nice guys easily and they get screwed. Figuratively, of course.
    It's important for nice guys to watch their backs and not let girls use them.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

sometimes they dont cum at all

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2 View Post
    sometimes they dont cum at all
    So true

Doormats finish last ... and walked all over.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Ok good guys dont be disheartened because we all like the bad boy for the bf but for the husband we like a gentle considerate guy that can protect if needed.How often do you see a girl swooning over some ass kicking bad guy that isnt kicking her ass at one time.NO gentle loving guys are so damn hard to find and if the girl has a brain she hangs onto him not treats him like crap but sadly the world is more focused on materialistic and visiual things they dont realise till years later they let that awesome guy go and are now pregnant, 3 kids and some ratty hole for a home while he's in the pub drinking that hard earned money of the social fund systems.Geez such a guy is so much a turn on that we all want a hubby like that (vomit) Honey you will get that girl at the right time DONT you dare change just for that barbie *hug*
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

This topic seems to come up once a month since I've been here, usually a new member starts it.
    Its Nice vs Good guys that needs to be analyzed. There are 2 kinds of "Nice" guys, ones that DO finish last, and ones that don't.

The "Knight in Shining Armor"/Doormat Nice Guy - Does everything for the girl, doesn't know how to say no, put her problems ahead of his own, doesn't know how to have his own priorities and own life. Generally goes after or attracts women that have baggage, emotional problems, or women that are looking for a free ride off someone they can easily take advantage of. These aren't "nice" guys, even though they always think that are and can't seem to find the right girl, these are guys with problems of their own whether it be self-esteem, baggage, or insecurity issues. If you're one of these, you will continue to finish last.

The "Good" Nice Guy - These are the genuine article, they open the door for the girl, pick up the tabs but don't hesitate to allow the girl to pay if she offers. They make the girl feel both wanted and special. These guys have their own lives, their own priorities, and generally know how to differentiate their relationships from their lives. They are seperated by the simple fact they know how to say "no" when they have to. They don't revolve around their relationship, but allow their relationship to have a healthy revolution around them instead.

If you're the second one, you will more often than not have excellent relationship success, or at least will find a nice girl. If you're the first one, you need to do some major self improvement and stop blaming the old addage "Nice guys finish last" for your relationship failures.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I think one thing that shouldn't be overlooked is that JUST being 'nice' is not enough.

There needs to be more to a person than that. So many times l have heard friends say 'oh, l like him, but he's too nice' ... I would always challenge them and ask 'you'd rather an asshole?'.

The fact was, what they were really saying is that they thought he was boring.

So, being 'nice' is great, why should you strive to be otherwise? But you also need to be interesting, be good company, have characteristics that others will find attractive, and have a level of compatibility and attraction.

If a girl still isn't interested, then just move on and look elsewhere.
    Last edited by maxmax; 23-08-11 at 01:50 AM. Reason: typo
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

@maxmax
    Yeah, the thing with bad boys that girls love so much is that their douchebaggery is interesting.
    Nice guys need something else to keep the girls interested.

Im not overly nice where its sickening. I mean im nice as in opening doors caring on conversations. Not like they when every argue ment hands down or anything like. That I do through out alot of compliments cuz ive always thought girls like being complimented.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast