+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have you ever thought...

have you ever thought...

that in order to improve financial/career status, one can always go to school, learn new skills, switch industries, work harder, etc. Basically happiness in terms of career/economic status depends on earned skills (even though they might take a lot of work to be earned) but when it comes to dating attractive girls, an average-looking guy with an average body and average sense of humor has little chance with attractive women (It is a fierce competition; there are more eligible men than women out there which works against the odds even more). You are either born with those characteristics or you are not; it is not something you can earn. And don't catch me on exceptions and some average friend of yours who gets hot women; that's not how it works 99% of the time.

There is always something you can do to improve things for yourself; except when it comes to dating life.
    Last edited by bigshot82; 23-08-11 at 06:14 AM.

With that attitude, yes you're right, it's hopeless.

Might as well give up.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ughm..the same applies to females
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    ughm..the same applies to females
    But you're hot, so it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bigshot82 View Post
    an average-looking guy with an average body and average sense of humor has little chance with attractive women (It is a fierce competition; there are more eligible men than women out there which works against the odds even more).
    Both wrong. Firstly, just because you're "average" doesn't mean you can't improve. Average looking just means you need to change your style a bit, maybe a change to the way you do your hair, shave (or don't), etc are things you can look at changing for almost no money. For your average body, they opened these buildings called gyms several years back that allow you average bodied folks to improve those bodies. And as for your "average" sense of humour, well, thats all just open to interpretation.

As for more men than women, last I read, it was the other way around.

This thread is based on assumptions and bad facts.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Both wrong. Firstly, just because you're "average" doesn't mean you can't improve. Average looking just means you need to change your style a bit, maybe a change to the way you do your hair, shave (or don't), etc are things you can look at changing for almost no money. For your average body, they opened these buildings called gyms several years back that allow you average bodied folks to improve those bodies. And as for your "average" sense of humour, well, thats all just open to interpretation.

sure, for me not to be average will be: hair extensions, nose job, liposuction, boob job and tons of other surgeries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    sure, for me not to be average will be: hair extensions, nose job, liposuction, boob job and tons of other surgeries.
    hair extensions - no, there are plenty of hot short haired girls
    nose job - haven't seen your nose, but again, unless you're packing a toucan beak, most of the time an average nose can be passable if the rest of the package is above average
    lipo - OR gym
    boob-job - again, this isn't necessary to be hot, but some people seem to think it is
    other surgeries - such as?

Sounds like your interpretation of hot is to become a barbie doll. There are many extremely attractive guys and girls that will go with someone who has a natural look as long as they take care of themselves and are confident while doing it. Fake doesn't equal hot, at least not for most of the population.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

OP sounds like you need to revamp your self esteem dude. Seriously, make some changes in your life that you will be proud of. Start working out, get some new clothes, new style. Also, be comfortable and confident with who YOU are.

Play the piano or guitar, and learn how to cook... the womenz will be nagging the fvck out of you for a date haha. Seriously tho.. career set aside, what you do with yourself recreationally will define who you are, and what you have to offer. Live a better life style and boost that confidence right up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post

unless one is willing to use steroids, significant changes in body size cannot be achieved by working out (except for a 300+ lb guy with layers over layers of fat... which is not really an "average looking" guy I am talking about). As far as sense of humor, I don't think "funny" vs. "boring" is really open to interpretation. If you really think perky real boobs are not necessary to be hot, I would just call that naive.

Look guys; I did not start this thread to get help or inspiration; I am looking for a realistic social/philosophical discussion and would like to know what other knowledgeable individuals have to say about the concept of happiness; as seen by the mainstream society.
    Last edited by bigshot82; 23-08-11 at 07:21 AM.

I was once discussing with my friends the theory that there are no unattractive people, just people that don't take care of themselves, and unless the person in question looks like Quasimodo, I believe that's true.

There is always something you can do to improve things for yourself; except when it comes to dating life.
    That is not true. First of all and most importantly, you can work on your self esteem. I don't know if you're aware of how sexy a guy with confidence is even if he's not Brad Pitt. Secondly, you can work on your looks and even if you can't radically change them you can make small improvements - a haircut that suits you well, joining a gym, a different clothing style, a big smile on your face. Adjusting a lot of small details can give a 180 turn on the whole image.

And actually women should have more to be worried about than men because there's not enough of you to go around for all of us.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

Look guys; I did not start this thread to get help or inspiration; I am looking for a realistic social/philosophical discussion and would like to know what other knowledgeable individuals have to say about the concept of happiness; as seen by the mainstream society.
    Yeah, being realistic, I still don't agree because what you said in your first post means simply settling for the way you are instead of trying to improve yourself on any desired or neccesary level.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    and the hottest guys are always gay....at least in my world...

There is nothing sexier than a brain. And why bother chasing a 'hot' girl who wouldn't want to get to know someone past their looks?

knowledgeable individuals have to say about the concept of happiness; as seen by the mainstream society.

**** mainstream society. I have learnt that happiness isn't walkin down the street with a good-looking guy on my arm or havin a ton of cash. It's cliche but it's cliche for a reason, happiness is inside. If you aren't happy your appearance isn't to blame. If you think being good-looking makes you happier or guys with hot GF's are happier you are deluded.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Really? Because it seems to me that your initial post was about how 'average' guys can't attract 'attractive' women.

Since when was that exclusively tied to 'happiness' ?

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Really? Because it seems to me that your initial post was about how 'average' guys can't attract 'attractive' women.

Since when was that exclusively tied to 'happiness' ?
    it is not; it is part of being happy. And my point is, unlike other contributors to happiness (liking your job, making good money, fame and respect,success in academia/music/sports, etc) sexual attractiveness cannot be earned.

btw; there might be an abundance of women in canada or UK; but not southern US; where good ones are taken by the time they are 22.
    Last edited by bigshot82; 23-08-11 at 07:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast