+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys would you take a girls number knowing you won't call???

Guys would you take a girls number knowing you won't call???

I met this guy two and a half months ago, we'd know each other for about a year but not as good friends we'd just chat whenever we bumped into each other, and i thought nothing of it as i was seeing someone else.

So two and a half months ago we kissed and i stayed at his, the next morning he said that he was going to Africa the next morning travelling and wouldn't be back until january.

I didn't get his number and he didn't ask for mine. However i bumped into him again on friday and we chatted for awhile, and he apologised for leaving things on uncertain terms. He stayed at mine again but nothing happened. He asked for my number the next morning (saturday morning) and said he'd call me.

I've still not heard from him and i really got the impression he liked me and why bother asking for my number? We could of just left things there, so would of he called by now?

Maybe he is following the 3 day rule. It's hardly been 2.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

There's a three day rule??

Either hes really busy or hes not really serious about you. I'd suggest you try not to think so much about it so it wont be so hard in the end. Sorry if im too blunt.
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Oh yeah, the 3 day gap is aguy thing.......want the answer to that....well since girls make it really hard 4 guys these days, guys have learnt to smarten up...sorry sister...well if u want me 2 pretty blunt bout it.....well he might have been disappointed...or worse disgusted....yeah i know shallow thinkin...well might as well be brutally honest bout it....u read cosmo right.......well they give ya tips on how 2 please guys and stuff......try it out it actually works....nobody actually just sits around writing bull, they r tried and tested techniques, and once u master, u'll find him scratching at yer door.....all the best
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Some guys don't call for a week. Some guys never call and just wanted to see if they could get your number.

In any event, a good thing to learn and start practicing is that after you give your number out, just forget about the person. If they call you back at some point, they'll remind you who it is ('Hey, this is Bill from the bar last week, remember? From Mahoney's?'). And if they don't, at least you won't be agonizing over it in your head and wondering "WHY WON'T HE CALL ME?!?!?"

My friends get numbers all the time without intending to call. Maybe they weren't interested in you and were letting you down softly (instead of flat out rejecting you right away and making you upset for the rest of the night). Maybe they intend to call but are waiting a certain amount of time. Maybe they WERE going to call, but ended up finding someone else at the next bar that they called back instead. Maybe they just wanted to get another number in their phone to show off to friends.

WHATEVER the reason, don't worry your pretty little head about it. Just keep going out and meeting people, and if this one calls you back, and you remember liking him, set up a date. If not, don't turn down other guys in the HOPES that this guy MIGHT one day call you. For all you know he could have deleted/lost your number by now.

Alexi

The 3 day rule is designed to get the exact same reaction that you are currently having gw1470. Looks like it worked like a charm.

Or he could just be actually really busy taking care of things that need to be done.

Yes, girls take our numbers or give us false numbers. It's only called revenge. You bitches deserve it, you do it to us, now you know what it feels like. I bet you will never do it again!

"Rules" on how many days to wait to call are juvenile games. Personally, I don't take numbers unless I have an intent to call. If he's waiting a predetermined amount of time or just not being considerate enough to call then he's worthless.
    Heit ist mein taug.

i don't know, i'd take her number just for the hell of it. but i'm a jerk
    my opinion is better than yours.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Save yourself the headache honey, take control in the future and don't give your number to him. If they want to talk to you that bad, they find a pen and write their number on your ARM to make sure you don't forget.

There's nothing worse than spineless mind-game-playing assholes that purposely make you wait for calls to make themselves feel some kind of control. Sad, sad, sad.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    There's nothing worse than spineless mind-game-playing bitches that purposely make you wait for calls to make themselves feel some kind of control. Sad, sad, sad.
    Oi! Oi! to that!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't like to play games nor do i like it when people play games on me.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I'm not one to stand for games, if there's a game being played then I dismiss all potential for a relationship and use my study of the 48 Laws of Power to manipulate them to my means. One reason being they need taught to grow up and stop playing games, another reason is to make them want me before being ditched to show them the err of their ways.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast