+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you work that body?

How do you work that body?

Alright. I assume in a forum of people trying to impress the ladies/dudes that people must work out? Right? So what do you do?

I just got back on the wagon after taking 2 weeks off. What is strange is that I could not lose weight while I was working out before (I didn't gain...I just was stuck at 186 lbs. for like 5 months) I imagine part of that was because I was gaining muscle. At least I hope that was the case. To my shock, I weighed myself before working out tonight and I had lost 6 pounds over these past 2 weeks. I haven't done shit except for sitting around staring at my walls. But I also changed my diet by cutting out carbs and replacing them with fat. Strange.

Anyways...I generally do 5 miles (or 40 minutes..whichever comes first) on the elliptical 5 days a week. Then lift weights 3 days a week and have a 1-hour yoga class every Tuesday. Then usually spend about 1/2 hour to an hour on the weekend doing some yoga on my own.

(Note: I'm American, so we are all clueless about those crazy kilograms/kilometers, so you'll have to deal with my usage of pounds/miles.)

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I weight train, light cardio (bike/elliptical), and I'm going to start doing yoga to get my flexibility back. I also play cricket.....which I know most of you wouldn't consider a 'sport' but you do a lot of running in the outfield and between wickets.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Over the years I have found walking to be the best exercise. Love it.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Wanna lose weight? Stop eating sugar. Three years ago I stopped eating sugar, and stopped driving. I do all of my errands and commuting by bicycle. As of this weekend, I'm 40 Lbs. lighter than I was 3 years ago. My wife loves my "rock hard thighs" - her words.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I weight train, light cardio (bike/elliptical), and I'm going to start doing yoga to get my flexibility back. I also play cricket.....which I know most of you wouldn't consider a 'sport' but you do a lot of running in the outfield and between wickets.
    I will back you that it is a sport, indoor cricket is particularly fast paced and good cardio.....Possibly similar to baseball, which alot of cricketers here is OZ play in the off season.

Floorball for about 2 hours a week, coupled with 40+ mins of running to get back and forth to training.
    Biking, jogging and working out with dumbbells when I feel like it, and hiking when feasible. And occassionally other sports, gonna try out squash this evening.

Once I start working I'll try to develop a proper routine, oughta be much easier to bulk up with a fixed schedule and steady income.

I lift weights 3 times a week if I have time and run ~6-7km once a week. I also commute with bicycle. The commute is only ~3,5km.

I eat loads of sugars in form of chocolate, sweets and stuff. I just don't give a crap.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    I lift weights 3 times a week if I have time and run ~6-7km once a week. I also commute with bicycle. The commute is only ~3,5km.

I eat loads of sugars in form of chocolate, sweets and stuff. I just don't give a crap.
    You're also young. I ate whatever I wanted too... started to catch up with me at 30. By 40 I was FAT.

I need to eliminate sugar from my diet again, though I only have it in my first cuppa in the morning. My normal routine is doing yoga classes 3 times a week for 2 hours each timeand a workout or two on the weekends but if I don't manage that I go for a swim or cycle. I've been lagging a bit though on my routine, hoping to get back on it next week.
    Last edited by Jenswaiting; 23-08-11 at 07:22 PM.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I run 8 miles a day.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Excluding the past two weeks, where I have mostly been a lazy useless arse, l do a 10k run followed by a 10k cycle three times a week. Also do weights twice a week and try and get a swim session in.

Benefits = being fit, staying slim, and eating as much as I like, which usually means eating like a horse.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just have sex.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I just have sex.
    Lucky you
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

I just have sex.
    If that were an option right now, It would definitely be part of my 'workout'.

In fact, working out only serves to increase libido.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I just have sex.
    i was told exercise is effective if it lasts at least 30 mins.
    but I cant possibly have sex 30 times a day ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast