+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this mean he likes me?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCherryOnTop View Post
    But... gosh I think now everything can become or way complicated, or not. I don't know his intentions. I don't know if I want a serious relationship with him. It's obviously not a simple friendship anymore, but also... oh my. This time I really won't have the guts to call him so he's gonna have to do it. When we see each other it's gonna be SO awkward, hahahahaha.
    Hey, you do what you want - but if you go with the "Friends with Benefits" path, you're likely to end up with just that... looking for a relationship with someone that isn't interested in having one.

I don't know his intentions. I don't know if I want a serious relationship with him.
    If you don't know if you want a serious relationship with him, don't lead him on. Ask him about what sort relationship he's interested in, whether he has any deeper feelings for you. Also, tell him exactly how you feel.
    If neither of you is interested in a serious relationship, go for the FWB. It's fun
    If both of you want a serious relationship, I think you guys should agree that youre dating and try to get to know each other better. That doesn't mean you have to stop the fun though
    If only one of you is interested in something serious, it has the potential to become a great strain on your friendship. In that case you should stay as just friends without intimacy until the situation changes.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Well... things are getting weird. I'm a hurricane of indefinable feelings. He hasn't called yet and I wonder if he will, and what would he tell me if he does, and what would I answer, and what do we do now? You know, when we see each other. We just say hello?

I'm also torn between, for one side, how much I liked it and how I would do it again. We were both conscious and well... we had time to regret it or back away but we didn't. BUT he's a great friend, and I don't know if he wants this to become serious - and I bet he doesn't. I'm almost sure he doesn't. Does that make me sad, do I really want it? I don't know yet. But I arrived to one important conclusion: I'm not gonna lie to myself. If I fall in love but he just wants to be friends with bens (I guess we are now in that category), I'm gonna stop it and just be friends.

I know I'm complicating things, but well, I do it when there's no real need to complicate things. Now that there is, pffew!

Well... things are getting weird. I'm a hurricane of indefinable feelings. He hasn't called yet and I wonder if he will, and what would he tell me if he does, and what would I answer, and what do we do now? You know, when we see each other. We just say hello?

I'm also torn between, for one side, how much I liked it and how I would do it again. We were both conscious and well... we had time to regret it or back away but we didn't. BUT he's a great friend, and I don't know if he wants this to become serious - and I bet he doesn't. I'm almost sure he doesn't. Does that make me sad, do I really want it? I don't know yet. But I arrived to one important conclusion: I'm not gonna lie to myself. If I fall in love but he just wants to be friends with bens (I guess we are now in that category), I'm gonna stop it and just be friends.

I know I'm complicating things, but well, I do it when there's no real need to complicate things. Now that there is, pffew!
    I bet you could identify your emotions if you had a vocabulary in front of you... so take a look at these, and see which ones fit. It will help you sort out your feelings and clarify what you're feeling. I find it very useful.

It's a very long list, but give it a shot:

[url=http://eqi.org/fw.htm]Feeling Words[/url]

We talked! Well, I was expecting a frontal talk, but I guess this was ok. He sent me a message today. At first we talked as if nothing had happened. Then he mentioned it, and we started flirting. Then he asked me when could we see each other and I told him I was busy in the week but free in the weekend. He insisted on knowing what got me so busy. Then he repeated what he said 'I love you a lot I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship', I answered the same, 'I love you too and I don't see why should it be ruined'. He acted jealous! Because I told him maybe I was going to a bar in the weekend, and because I told him I was chatting with someone, LOL. He's weird in a cute way.

So, next weekend we are going to see each other. So, about the Feeling Words, right now I feel NERVOUS! I don't know what to wear. I don't know what are we going to do, because I still don't want to have sex, but some games would be fun.

Also... I was so happy when he sent me the message I started dancing. Should I worry? LOL.

No, but I agree with everyone you guys should clarify what your new status is because confusion and misunderstandings lead to heartbreak.

It does sound like he likes you and is shy around you.

Ok... all changed. Back to the start. Yesterday he came and I didn't like it. I felt used, as if I were another on his long womans list. We made out, I stopped him before sex, similar as the other time; he seemed kinda frustrated, and though not mad, he told me he didn't wanted to turn on further and that he wanted to leave. That was like a stab right onto my heart and POP! all this confusing week came to a conclusion.

He loves me, as a friend, and wants to have sex with me because he's a man and I'm a woman. What he's searching doing all what he's done for me is exactly what I told: to escape his home and come here, where he is accepted and loved. I want to be his best friend, that friend who loves him and he can trust and come whenever he needs, without mixing things up. I want to be the exception this time, and not being a woman to have sex with but a woman to love (in a frienship way).

I told him yesterday, after he told me this things that somehow hurt: that he wanted us to keep this a secret (I already screwed that up), that he didn't wanted us to go out to a bar because people were going to think we were together (that bothered me a lot though I already suspected that). I told him 'maybe is better if we were just friends'. He told me it was okay, that he would let me think about it, and, no matter what choice I made, we were going to be friends one way or the other.

After that, I was still confused. We made out some more but inside it wasn't the same.

When we were friends, I felt loved. Now I don't. So I'm going to call him, tomorrow or some other day in the week, and tell him everything, and then hug him really strong. Though it hurts a little bit after this week of thinking too much about him and being so happy for having found what I thougt it was, I'm glad to come back to this position. I love him and want to help him in every possible way, and feel that, after all, it's good that we did this thing because if not it would have always been nagging us. Now our friendship has started a new and incredible phase.

So, thank you people for keeping me company on this new journey of learning and growing up.
    Last edited by TheCherryOnTop; 05-09-11 at 12:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12