+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I approach her?

How do I approach her?

Hey, I need some advice on what I should do. I am interested in a girl who I've never talked to but she is very good looking and nice. She is a grade below me so I don't have any classes with her, and I don't know how I can start a conversation with someone when I don't have any reason to besides to get to know her. I was hoping someone on here could help me out with a way that I could start talkin to her. Please help me!

If you know absolutely nothing about her, just observe her surroundings and find something you can converse with her about. For instance, if she is holding a book for a class you took previously...'Hello, oh you're taking Spanish? I took that last year. Who is your teacher? How do you like it?' Wait for her to answer and then introduce yourself. Then try to keep the conversation flowing.

Avoid yes/no questions so that if she is shy she won't fall back to simple answers. If you know something about her, like hobbies/interests or maybe mutual friends, strike up a conversation about that. DO NOT use lame pickup lines. And don't just blabber on about yourself.

I dunno. I was shy when I was in school, and visual props were something I used to overcome that (like something she was carrying, something she was wearing, some loser idiot who was being a dick nearby, etc.).

Thanks. I really appreciate it. She is a cheerleader so maybe that will be something I can talk to her about. This helped out a lot and I will definitely try to use this as best as I can in the near future.

If you are going to talk about cheerleading, just be careful. What most dudes think about cheerleading is VERY, VERY different than what actual cheerleaders think. You wouldn't want any stereotypes that are often associated with cheerleaders to slip out.

True, true. My cousin was a cheerleader though and she always talked about it so I kind of know what to say and what not to say. But I will still definitely keep that in mind. So do you think I should just start talking to her in the hallway or what? It's not that I don't really know what to talk about because I can alway ask her how she likes the new school and stuff like that, it just that I don't know when because I dont really have any opportunities.

This is what you do. Don't think of anything. Just walk up to her and say you've seen her around a bit, and you'd like to go out.

From my experience Hi is a good conversational starter. if this is to much then check out the Rule book from amazon or the game (not sure of the title)

No!! dont do that