+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did he move on?

Did he move on?

I deleted my previous post on accident, so if this is repetitive I'm sorry. I have something to add to it too.

So this guy who works at my work but in a different department is very into me. I mean he walks through my section multiple times to fill up his water bottle which he hadn't done at all until very recently. He finally introduced himself to me and we talked a couple of times. I invited him out this past weekend but he said he was going out of town until Monday or Tuesday. The next day (Friday) I ran into him again and he asked if I wanted to do something when he got back. I gave him my number and he said he'd call me. This guy just shows up where I'm at during random times at work. He's very cute too and I like him.

It's now Wednesday. I know he was out of town and I'm not officially sure when he's getting back. Should I give up hope and move on or am I giving up too soon? I'm not too worried about it because I can always find someone else.

Be brutally honest with me :-D

Be patient, like seriously.....just go about your week, like he said he will call you when he gets back.....but don't let that stop you from dating others....there is no commitment here.

You're probably giving up waaaayyy too soon. It has only been 1 day. It's very possible he had shit he needed to catch up on if he was out of town. Or not. Or if you didn't see him at work today, maybe he is still out of town. Who knows. Give it a few days (at the very least).

He actually moved on to a different job in the company and I won't see him every day now. I guess I'm just trying to find a way to calm my nerves down. Sometimes I hate being a girl because of the emotional side haha

Well, can you find out what department he is in now? Is it in the same building as you? Why not go to him and talk to him in his new area?

Why are you assuming HE has to do all the work?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Because he doesn't work in the same location anymore. Thanks. If I had a way to talk to him believe me, I would. I invited him out first by the way.