+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Valentines Day

Valentines Day

OK, there is this girl I have really liked for ages and seeing as Valentines day is approaching I am thinking what to do.

We are pretty good friends and we are both in our own relationships but I know she wants to end hers, as do I.

I am not sure whether to send her something for Valentines day or not to show her my feelings. I have hinted my feelings with her before and I'm pretty ure she knows that I find her attractive. What I really want to do is find out whether we have a chance of anything and whether she has any feelings for me.

What should I do??

If you're sure she wants out of her relationship, and you do too....then I would just go for it.
    If she dosen't return your feelings then you can always just say that you thought she might need cheering up. My friends (male and female) send me valentines cards out of friendship.
    Word of caution though, don't embark on an affair with this girl...if she does like you then she will only find it offensive if you are in a relationship, and want her too.
    If you want out of your relationship then then end it now...ther's no point putting off the inevitable.
    Life is far too short to hide your feelings.I would send her something, but don't be pushy. If she likes you, she'll let you know. If not then just value your friendship.
    Good luck.

hi guys and guls, i'm an indonesian male 19 years old...
    i want to share something with you, i am getting close with a girl for a week now, and i am planning to tell my feeling on the valentines day, is it ok?? or is it too fast, that i should know her well first.But valentines day is coming, should i delay to tell my feeling or what, valentines day is a great moment to make an memorizeable moment i think...
    any comment....i appreciate it so much..thanks....

thanks sjsing. I guess what I also want to know is whether it is appropriate to send her something for valentines day or not. Maybe a card or something?

give her card... teddy bear wrap-up with chocolates maybe? girls like candies, chocolates and teddy bear.... or maybe can buy her perfume????
    |<< Baby, I'd love you to want me, The way that I want to, The way that it should be >>|

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on big OTT gifts for 2 reasons
    1) as a woman I always think that big gestures aren't as important as knowing that someone is thinking of you (which you obviously are)!
    2)Also if she only sees you as a friend than you don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, that you have given her a really expensive gift.
    Just had a brainwave.....! How about a single red rose? Simple understated and very romantic. And you could put a little note with it saying something along the lines of: "I know you may be going through a hard time at the moment, but I'm always here if you need me"
    Then wait for a response.
    Let me know what you decide and what happens.

Single red rose sounds like a great idea! I will definitely let you know.

ok, update. I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday and i fell pretty shit. It was for the best but that still does not stop me from hurting.
    So now I am sorta free to pursue this other girl. We are meant to be going out to dinner in the next few days but I dont want to push anything with her as I just broke up with my girlfriend and I dont want her to feel that i broke up with them for her. So I might leave it for a while b4 i say anything to her about my feelings and so I feel better after the break up. (which tore me apart because I still love her but I dont feel that she is my life partner so I think it was better to end it now rather than later so I dont hurt her as much)
    so what do you guys think?

Wow, you really are broken up with your girlfriend. Your regret is simply seeping into that post!

If you really are "tore up and didn't just dump her to be with the other girl", the don't date her right away. Otherwise, you are nothing more than a rebound.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------