+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does it mean if you ask a girl to hang out?

what does it mean if you ask a girl to hang out?

Does hang out just mean as friends like casual? I had this one guy that I really like and he asked me to hang out like go watch a movie but I hung out at his house watching TV shows and stuff. I left my phone in his car and I went to his house to pick it up since we lived very close to each other. We just chill and play games and watch TV and we sorta made out. I have lots of guy friends and they have asked me to hang out with them before like watch a movie and stuff.

Some of my guy friends are hitting on me but actually ask me out to go like watch movie, eat dinner, eat dessert things like that, but I decline because i know their intention and I don't want them to get the wrong signal and trust me some of the guys have gotten the wrong signal. When I treated as a hang out, this one guy treated as a date and even commented about it saying that we just started dating because I said that he was too old for me though i was only joking.

But for a guy who ask me to go his house to play video games and watch a movie with him at his place (parents place), is it just a casual thing and just treat me as friends. He is really sweet to me and he knows that a lot of guys have been hitting on me. His friend and I hung out a few times and he thought we look dateish in the beginning but then he doesn;t think me and him are dating. He still ask me to hang out with him. I don't mind hanging out, but I rather do outdoor stuff. He keep asking me to go watch movie with him at his house but he always gave me another option after my slow response and he said we can do something outdoors and I invited to drink with my friends since my friend asked.

is this just a normal guy-girl hangout or makeout w/e you name it or is he interested in me and wants to spend more time with me?

he also said that he can sit on the chair and I sit on the bed so we won't have to end up making out again... but somehow I don't know now I am lost...

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake View Post
    what does it mean if you ask a girl to hang out?
    If I ask a girl to hang out, I want to date her. Or at least some sort of FWB arrangement.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Does hang out just mean as friends like casual? I had this one guy that I really like and he asked me to hang out like go watch a movie but I hung out at his house watching TV shows and stuff. I left my phone in his car and I went to his house to pick it up since we lived very close to each other. We just chill and play games and watch TV and we sorta made out. I have lots of guy friends and they have asked me to hang out with them before like watch a movie and stuff.

Some of my guy friends are hitting on me but actually ask me out to go like watch movie, eat dinner, eat dessert things like that, but I decline because i know their intention and I don't want them to get the wrong signal and trust me some of the guys have gotten the wrong signal. When I treated as a hang out, this one guy treated as a date and even commented about it saying that we just started dating because I said that he was too old for me though i was only joking.

But for a guy who ask me to go his house to play video games and watch a movie with him at his place (parents place), is it just a casual thing and just treat me as friends. He is really sweet to me and he knows that a lot of guys have been hitting on me. His friend and I hung out a few times and he thought we look dateish in the beginning but then he doesn;t think me and him are dating. He still ask me to hang out with him. I don't mind hanging out, but I rather do outdoor stuff. He keep asking me to go watch movie with him at his house but he always gave me another option after my slow response and he said we can do something outdoors and I invited to drink with my friends since my friend asked.

is this just a normal guy-girl hangout or makeout w/e you name it or is he interested in me and wants to spend more time with me?

he also said that he can sit on the chair and I sit on the bed so we won't have to end up making out again... but somehow I don't know now I am lost...
    Yeah....theres no such thing as a guy asking a girl out with his intention of just being friends....generally anyway.

what do you mean by that

I think he means that when a guy asks you out, he's interested in you more than as a friend.
    Except in an exceptional situation. And I guess that both are assumed to be available.

Well we sorta made out again. I liked him, so I didn't stop him, but what I really want to know is whether if he feels the same way about me. We talk everyday online. He is the only guy right now that I keep thinking about and I just sort of wonder what he is thinking.

He felt really bad and told me that we should take a break from hanging out so that we won't ruin our friendship. Two things pop in my head, its either he wants to get rid of me for not making out with him, or he just doesn't want me to ignore him and become enemies. Something he said when we made out afterwards that I got upset and wanted to cry because I felt stupid. he said that well you involuntarily came over, and I got upset because I didn't want to "involuntarily" pop out of nowhere to go to his house. It was because I liked him so much to a point where i just had to see him. And this is one of the reason why he said we should take a break. When he said that, it hurt because i don't know what he's thinking.

Anyways he walked me home and he stops walking and walks into my path to see if I am doing ok. He asked if I wanted to walk home my self and I said I could, but he said no I don't want you to walk home by yourself even though its only 2 blocks away. Well we talk online for a bit and he asked if I was ok and if I got in trouble by my parents or not. I told him that if we want to continue to hang out, its better to just go do something in public and he said that he can control his hormones better in the public. So we just kind of joke/talk for a little bit longer.

hearing him say that makes me feel more assured that he's probably not there for friends with benefits or get laid but he's actually interested in me. I get caught up and confused with my emotions esp when he said I involuntarily went over to his house. I have a hard time controlling my emotions nowadays. If I want something, I go after it because I been screwing up a lot for holding back what I want and I have lost this guy that I liked to my friend. So I try hard to get it and obtain it. He just really need to control his hormones. The reason why I didn't stop him was because I didn't know if I should because I don't know if he likes me or not and I wanted to continue to see him. I think I confused him like what is this girl thinking? first she allows to makeout with her but she doesn't stop me when she's not comfortable.... I'm vulnerable and bad at saying no, but I don't wanna tell him that because he will think I'm easy... If he was just there for sex/friends with benefits, I wanted to make sure that he saw the real me and be able to control himself and actually fall in love with me, but this is just hopes and wishes. I feel stupid because of my own imaginations, but I am still friends with him. I can't stay mad at him.

About 7 months ago, I made out with this guy I met online and things were going great and I didn't mind friends with benefits. I guess because I didn't have strong feelings for him as I do with this guy, so I cannot let him hurt me because I will feel really sad...
    Last edited by milkshake; 26-08-11 at 06:09 PM.

hearing him say that makes me feel more assured that he's probably not there for friends with benefits or get laid but he's actually interested in me.
    I doubt he would want to be friends with benefits if he wasn't actually interested in you.

As for rest of your post, I'm sorry but I can't get a clear picture of what's going on. Maybe it's just my poor English or that I can't concentrate enough.
    Here's what I think you're saying:

-You're interested in him.
    -He seems to think of you as a friend and want's to take a break from hanging out. You're still his friend despite your feelings.
    -You involuntarily visit him... What does that mean?
    -You made out while there. (that's kissing, right?)
    -He says that he can control his hormones better in public... does that mean he initiated the kissing when you were visiting him? Pretty clear sign that he's interested in you.
    -You can't control your emotions and that's why you were upset when he mentioned about your involuntary visit. But you can't stay mad at him... Hmm, try to keep it together.
    -You think he needs to control his hormones... Why? Don't you like making out? Don't you want to have sex with him? Are you sure that you're interested in him as more than just a friend?
    -You made out with some dude 7 months ago... What does that have to do with this guy?

Since it seems a bit unclear, I think you should talk to him and ask if he's interested in dating. If he isn't I understand that you don't want to be intimate with him either. Personally, I couldn't socialize at all with someone I have one sided feelings for but if you can, do it with other friends around. If he wants to take a break, I think you should be respective of that decision too.

Good luck

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To the guys:

This is why you make your intentions clear when asking a girl out. If this guy wasn't such a pussy, none of this would be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    To the guys:

This is why you make your intentions clear when asking a girl out. If this guy wasn't such a pussy, none of this would be happening.
    True but it cracks me up the % of women who think the guy that comes up to them and starts a conversation is just being nice and wants to talk...nothing more. Then theyre shocked and sometimes turned off when his intentions sink in.

sum girl i dont want anything to do with but be a friend to, those i dont ask to do things with much. the ones i wanna talk to or do things with i will make it clearly known.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    I doubt he would want to be friends with benefits if he wasn't actually interested in you.

As for rest of your post, I'm sorry but I can't get a clear picture of what's going on. Maybe it's just my poor English or that I can't concentrate enough.
    Here's what I think you're saying:

-You're interested in him.
    -He seems to think of you as a friend and want's to take a break from hanging out. You're still his friend despite your feelings.
    -You involuntarily visit him... What does that mean?
    -You made out while there. (that's kissing, right?)
    -He says that he can control his hormones better in public... does that mean he initiated the kissing when you were visiting him? Pretty clear sign that he's interested in you.
    -You can't control your emotions and that's why you were upset when he mentioned about your involuntary visit. But you can't stay mad at him... Hmm, try to keep it together.
    -You think he needs to control his hormones... Why? Don't you like making out? Don't you want to have sex with him? Are you sure that you're interested in him as more than just a friend?
    -You made out with some dude 7 months ago... What does that have to do with this guy?

Since it seems a bit unclear, I think you should talk to him and ask if he's interested in dating. If he isn't I understand that you don't want to be intimate with him either. Personally, I couldn't socialize at all with someone I have one sided feelings for but if you can, do it with other friends around. If he wants to take a break, I think you should be respective of that decision too.

Good luck
    hmm sorry if i was unclear.... it's not that i don't wanna make out with him but I want go out on a real date and I told him the best thing for us to do right now is just hang out in public so that we can get to know each other more. I don't want to ruin our friendship either, but then I am just insecure about making out with him and being pressured to have sex because i am scared. I'm still a virgin and he knows. And yes I like him a lot and I dreamed about him. When I woke up, I thought he was next to me. But I just don't wanna move so fast and end up getting hurt. He just wants a break because he doesn't wanna ruin our friendship since he's probably worried that I won't be his friend anymore.

And I got upset when he said involuntarily visit him, but I can't stay upset is what I mean because I like him. It's like you forgive that person even though they did you wrong as an example what I meant.

For the guy I dated 7 months ago, it was mostly FWB and I have no strong feelings for him so it was ok. But I don't want this relationship to just be FWB because I will feel hurt.

Anyways the guy who said we should take a break asked me if I was going out with his friend... why is he asking me? some people said he just wanna get laid on but then he said something weird.

I said yea... with ... and he asked me why the ... after yea? you sound hesistant
    And I said.. I do? (I really don't know why I added the ... so i just played dumb)
    He said: haha just a feeling iono if its true
    I said: what's true? I'm lost..
    He said: its ok.. nvm

didn't know what he meant by true...

he then clarified
    you wanna hang out wit him?
    or just saying yes cause he asked you a lot?
    was what i was asking hahahah

i just said oh ok lol...

I can't tell what his emotions or intentions are. I think imma take a break from guys now... and going back to church to figure out what I need to do and what I should do.

Didnt read all the posts didnt need to:
    "he also said that he can sit on the chair and I sit on the bed so we won't have to end up making out again"

The above indicates clearly he is interested in you on another level but cant bring himself to risk the friendship by trying anything.
    Let me explain. By saying we can sit different places so we don't make out, what he is implying, is that if he is sat next to you, he would want to make out.

It's your choice, either way, tell him so he knows where he is.