+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Paranoia? about my girlfriends Ex

uey is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Paranoia? about my girlfriends Ex

Ok so I am 22 and my girlfriend is 24 we have been dating for five months and have said that we love each other. Everything is fantastic we connect really well we have great sex and have loads of things in common. Now when we first started dating her ex boyfriend would somtimes be round the house she lived in because he was a friend of some of her room mates. as a result I have had to make conversation with him he seems like kind of a loser but is good looking. i think they only dated for two months.

anyway ocationaly my girlfriend will just mention him out of the blue, it is normaly in reference to a story. But I never really mention my exes and I never talk about them buy name to my girlfriend. That is fine and not a huge deal in itself but the other day I saw on her internet history that she had been browsing his facebook, allthough this annoyed me a bit i realised that is is cool because I also check up on my exes sometimes online just to see how they are getting along. But I was on her computer again a couple of days later and saw the same thing. it happened a third time and it kinda pissed me off I have not mentioned this to her and am not sure if i should. Is this normal? what is the best action to take? any thoughts ideas to help out a guy in love for the first time?

Thanks in advance guys

First of all, why are you snooping on her computer? Do you have a reason to not trust her, other than your insecurity?

Frankly, if she hasn't given you a reason to doubt her, stop trying to make things out to be more than they are. And don't think that just because someone doesn't do things the same way you do that they are doing something wrong. Everyone is different.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Users Country Flag
    I was just kinda curious about the kinda stuff she browsed. Yeah perhaps that was not cool. she has never given me a reason not to trust her and is a great girl. It just strikes me a weird maby its a girl thing but when I break up with someone then its done and finished.

Stop creeping...or she will slowly creep away from ya.

Users Country Flag
    what makes you say that?

I frequently check people's Facebook (yes, including and especially ex's) just to see what they are up to. Natural curiosity I guess. I once saw one of my exes get called out on FB by his 'mistress'..wondering why he had a fiance. Makes life a little more interesting.

Does she know that you are checking her computer and her browsing history? That is intrusive, inappropriate and disrespectful. If you can't trust her then you need to ask yourself why: has she done anything to warrant this or is it because you are insecure? If you had faith in her you wouldn't feel the need to check up on her.What's next?Checking her phone behind her back when she leaves the room?

This behaviour on your part is not healthy.If you feel uncomfortable about anything within your relationship you should talk about it with your girlfriend and get through it together. Communication is key to any successful relationship. Treat your girlfriend with respect and if you have questions about something then just ask her.