+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why now?!?!

why now?!?!

Hello!
    I need a little help and I'll try to make a very long story short. So, I dated my first big love for three years and we broke up a year ago. It was mostly long distance relationship and like any other, we had a lot of good times but also a lot of arguments. And somewhere in between, we changed. He started thinking that what we had, didn't make him happy enough and that he needed to be alone. That was a year ago. I called and begged him to try and work things out, I thought that if we just tried a little, everything would work out. But he said he was done trying for good, that this won't work. So I stopped calling.
    Soon I had a rebound relationship and when he found out from a mutual friend, he called me. Then after a month I called him and we went for a drink. And we were together again for a month or so. I knew that he loved me, I could see it, but his behaviour showed as he was using me for sex. He broke it off again, didn't hear for each other for 4 months. Then something terrible happened in my family and I called him, he said that he still loves me and wants to be with me. We sat down and talked through about all the thing that have to change to make this work. It was great, but after 2 months he suddenly realized he doesn't love me at all, or wants to be with me, ever again (like every time before this). I texted him and he didn't even reply. He replied now, after 4 months. And he is calling me like every three days just to see how i am (which he hasn't done once in 4months). We were on a drink and it was great and once he even told me he didn't get over me. Why didn't at least one of us move on already?
    I don't know what to think. Is he trying to use me again or did he really come to the conclusion that what we had was special and worth saving?
    Thank you for your answers!!

Move on get him out of your life, he isnt worth the worry and stress, while your at his beck and call while he decides who/what he loves you have your life on hold.
    Do you really need him in your life when he is so fickle about your emotions,work on you then put yourself back out for dating.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

I agree. It makes him feel good about himself to keep being able to get you back after he treats you so wrong. Find someone else, this guy will keep playing with you now he knows he can.

Like Kyrina and Nyack said it,you better leave him for good!It is more than obvious that he is playing with you and it will continue forever,and this constant uncertainty will prevent you from having a normal relationship with someone better!

Imagine if you ever had a child with him or married this guy?! He would leave you with the child whenever he felt like seeing someone else and would threaten you with divorce constantly! Look out for yourself and emotionally detach from him. Mention this to him and tell him to leave you alone.

This guy is playing with your heart and using you. I think you deserve better. If he really cared for you, the relationship would not be "on again off again", the relationship would be more constant and steady.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)