+ Follow This Topic

Thread: For those of you who care to know... Its all over

For those of you who care to know... Its all over

First of all, thanks to those who helped and are still helping me through this horrible chapter of my life. My girlfriend read my email and called me this afternoon. She asked me if I had just broken up with her in an email. I told her that that wasn't my intention, I was just responding to what she wrote me. It didn't take long for the breakup to happen on the phone. I really didn't plan it to happen on the phone, but it just did. Honestly, I think it was the best thing. Had I done it in person, she would have clung to me and begged me to keep trying. She would have told me how much she loved me and couldn't live without me and how I should change my mind. If I had broken up with her in person, I am confident I would have given in to her out of pity. I could tell she was completely devastated. It was hard for me to even literally talk to her because I was so emotional. I am hoping that she can move on from these bad feelings soon and I as well. I don't want to miss her, but I cant stop thinking about the qualities in her that I adored. It really sucks breaking up with someone who is head over heels in love with you. It makes me wonder if I will ever find someone who loves me as much as her.

I'm glad you were able to look beyond the here and now, and consider her feelings in the situation; I'm sure that she would have been hurting a lot more if this was say a year from now, eh?
    As for finding someone, I'm sure it will come... although, fate and destiny have a really odd sense of humour at times though.

I wish you luck.

no need to make a new thread every time you wish to post... keeping things grouped works just as effectively... As for the break up. Congrats. And I mean that in the best way. You are better off. Moving on is the best medicine. Not dwelling on the past is the easiest way to get over someone. You have to have pretty damn good will power though. You'll do fine.

I am sorry and proud of you at the same time. It is often so much easier to keep things going even though it isn't the right things. You took the harder path..which hurts more but ends better.

You may never find someone who loves you more, but you will find someone who you love more and that is the important issue. Staying together because she adores you is good for the ego but not for the heart. Also, she deserves someone who will love her as much as she loves them.

You are going to be fine, you are going to miss her and you are going to move on. When you do find the woman that you are completely in love with the lessons that you have learned from this relationship will help you to make that one a success.