+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forced to see my ex and don't know what to do.

Forced to see my ex and don't know what to do.

I've posted here before about my relationship that recently ended.

It was more her decision to break up than mine, but it wasn't like she dumped me, we just both knew it wasn't working. When we broke up she told me that she will always love me and always care about me. She said she wasn't cutting me out of her life and she didn't want to lose a good friend too. At the time I said I wanted to be friends too but over the weeks I thought that that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

2 weeks after the break up she texted me saying that she hadn't forgotten about me. I said I was doing alright and trying to keep busy. She responded by saying I know it's hard but it will get better, I promise. She also said it's been hard for her too.

That was the last time we had and contact until 2 days ago. About 3 weeks since the last text. We are both Leaders for frosh week in university. Yesterday there was a training session. 2 days ago she just texted me asking for a movie back. I told her I would bring it, which I did.

When I get to the training session she didn't even look at me. I thought we would at least say hi to each other. We were also put into a smaller group with about 5 people total. This group will be working together for about 9 days. At one point I was standing right beside her and she wouldn't even look at me to acknowledge that she knew I was there. This hurt so much. It was torture being right beside her. She treated me like I was less than garbage. I didn't even exist. Needless to say I didn't give her her movie back. I have every intention of giving it back, but she is the one who broke my heart, not the other way around, I'm not going out of my way to give it back if she won't even make eye contact with me.

I think she might be mad at me because I haven't sent any messages to her at all other than in response to her 2 texts but that's just a guess. It really hurt to see her laughing with her friends and having such a good time. Seeing that this is going so easy for her just hurt so much. Seeing that she doesn't care about me at all and she's completely over me really sucked.

I was nervous before going because I really thought she was going to talk to me. Obviously I miss judged her. Since we have to work together for over a week I really want to clear the air between us. At the same time I don't want to be the one to talk to her first. It was always that way in the relationship. It was always me trying to fix our problems, and one of the major reasons we broke up was cause she would rarely text me claiming that she was to tired after work, yet she still would text her friends. It just doesn't seem fair that she can break my heart and then I'm the one who has to go to her first.

After we broke up I promised myself that if she wants anything from me (friendship or something else) she would have to come to me and do work because I wasn't going to go crawling back to her. But now I feel like I'm in a situation where we have to interact and she will be too immature to talk to me first.

Thanks for reading.

It's healthy logical thought that she would have to come to you and not crawling back to her. But you truly are in the situation where you have to interact. My opinion is that you should say hello to her and then see the situation. You'll see if you can interact normally. It isn't important who talk first, you just say hello like every normal human and see situation development. That's what I suggest to you.

dude ur saying shes to immature to tlk to you first yet you wont talk to her eather and you dont kno why she wouldent talk to u she might have been a bad mood about something that happened b4 she got there and u said that if she wants to be friends or something else she will hafto work for it dude a relationship takes to people so why should she hafto work for it if ur not gonna try just as hard

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy863 View Post
    dude ur saying shes to immature to tlk to you first yet you wont talk to her eather and you dont kno why she wouldent talk to u she might have been a bad mood about something that happened b4 she got there and u said that if she wants to be friends or something else she will hafto work for it dude a relationship takes to people so why should she hafto work for it if ur not gonna try just as hard
    The thing is in our relationship I did try really hard. I would always try to fix the issues we had. I gave it 100% the entire time and in the last couple months she just kinda lost intest. I never told her that she will have to work to be friends with me. I'm doing that out of respect for myself. I don't mind being the bigger person and saying hello. I was just hoping that she would care enough about me to want to be friends.