+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did you meet?

Where did you meet?

Just out of interest; where did you all meet your current or ex-partner?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I met my wife through a friend.. we wanted to go to a place called Jumpstreet, kinda like a warehouse full of trampolines and jump around for an hour tons of fun. My buddies taillights didnt work on his car so he told his friend was gonna drive us and go with us. Me and her never would have hit it off though if my friend didn't break his foot with 5 minutes left in the hour giving me and her basically till 4 AM to talk and joke around between following the ambulance to the hospital and hanging out with him while they worked on him and her driving me home. She even beat me to the punch, I told her I was gonna hop the fence and go in the back of his house since the front was locked and to wait for me to come out to make sure I got in but before I could she asked for my number to "keep up to date on our friend" even though she had his #

20 years ago, I met my wife at a Renaissance Faire (THE Renaissance Faire) in northern California. I was there with my GF at the time. Saw her coming down the hill from behind the booth and asked my GF "Who's THAT?!" She rather dismissively said "Oh that's B______" and went back to her conversation... I just HAD to know who that was, so I went and introduced myself. We had a conversation that lasted about an hour. Found out she was married and had two kids, so we became really good friends. Talked to her about everything over the years.

Happily married people !
    I don't wanna talk about the ex
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

^ epic face lol i meet my ex at oldtown on the sky coaster

I met my ex through one of my mates. He had no intention of hooking us up, he simply kept telling one stories about the other when talking about how he spent his time and stuff. Then he saw some pictures of me and insisted he meet me. My friend still curses the day he put us in touch and I still curse the day I agreed to go out with him.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

Where did you meet your current or ex partner max?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Where did you meet your current or ex partner max?
    Last girlfriend was online, but she doesn't really count.

The last meaningful relationship I had we'd already known each for 3 years, met through mutual friends and became part of the same 'group' ... lasted over 6 years.

In a way I regret having spent most of my 20s in just one relationship, but hey, there were good times, there were bad times.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I haven't had any partners but I've met most of my few dates online.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

I see why you would regret that but on the other hand it's a rare thing to find someone you can spend 6 years with, and that's more valuable than a dozen random relationships.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One ex - friends set us up on a blind date (i still curse them to this day for that), met my current bf through work.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I met my current bf at a tutoring class 17years ago... at that time I wasn't really friends with him, but was friends with his sister, but since they moved and we lost contact and we reunited 9years ago and we ending up going on a few dates and really enjoyed each others company and we started to going out since last year.
    Last edited by Saya; 28-08-11 at 07:35 AM.

I met my guy online - we had a few dates and really hit it off...that was 6 months ago, still together now. I know its not long, but its a great relationship

I met my husband on myspace. After talking online for a week we met in person in Boston. We had lunch, walked around, and went for a horse and carriage ride. It was an amazing first date. We've been together for just about 4 years now and married for 1.

I met my last partner on a online buddhist site...we hit it off and met a week later. We had a great relationship and would still be together today if he hadn't passed away. But the last person I dated we met on POF - It was going rather well until he ended it rather abruptly. Oh well his loss really. Happy to be single now.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast