+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a little comfused what this means

a little comfused what this means

This girl moved in next to me and we talked on Thursday for 3 hours. I got her number and asked if she wanted to do something this weekend. I was going to wait till today (saturday) to take her out, but last night (friday) her and her roomate came over and said they were bored. So we went downtown and just walked around and went bowling cause there was nothing else to do. After a few hours of that we just went back to our own apt. I was just talking to my friend and they knocked on my door and they asked if we wanted to watch a movie. So we did and about half way through the movie the girl got a phone call then left the apartment. I asked her friend and she didn't know what she was doing. She added me on Facebook and at first her status said in relationship then a couple hours later it was single. Also when I asked if she was single she said yes, and in a conversation we were having she said something about her ex. And when I looked at there wall to wall it they are still talking and about a week ago she said I love you to him. So I don't know what to think or do.

Do nothing.

Don't get involved with her.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Sounds like at best, she could have broken up with her boyfriend within that week's worth of time. Even in such a case, I don't think you wanna get involved with someone who's just broken up.

Sounds sketchy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Do nothing.

Don't get involved with her.
    ^^yep.

I wouldn't even hang out with her until shit is over between the two of them, unless you want to be friend-zoned.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She could want something casual. You'll need to be a bit more experienced to feel that one out - it's just not worth it if you're not sure. You definitely don't want to be the rebound guy.

I thought that she just broke up and is using me as a rebound. But I'm not very experienced with relationships. But its going to be really hard to avoid her since we live right next to each other and our balconies are separated by a 4 foot fence, we also go to the same college.

Edit : I know it's a no no to ask about past relationships but should I ask her with these circumstances, or say something like I'll give you more time to get over him?
    Last edited by Warlord55; 28-08-11 at 11:25 PM.

Well I guess she wants to ignore me now cause she deleted me on Facebook.
    PS. I know I'm talking a lot about Facebook but at this age Facebook is everything, sadly.

No it isn't.

Facebook, like a gun, hammer or cell phone is a tool. You use it how you want to, the tool does not use you. I answer my phone when it suits me. I use FB as a social networking site to keep up with friends and family, but not to manage my relationship. If I were still allowed to own a gun, it'd get used for target practice, and be loaded with appropriate rounds for home defense when at home. Hammers get used to open walnuts, prop open windows, pry up old nails, and occasionally to pound in a nail.

I own the tools, not the other way around.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    No it isn't.

Facebook, like a gun, hammer or cell phone is a tool. You use it how you want to, the tool does not use you. I answer my phone when it suits me. I use FB as a social networking site to keep up with friends and family, but not to manage my relationship. If I were still allowed to own a gun, it'd get used for target practice, and be loaded with appropriate rounds for home defense when at home. Hammers get used to open walnuts, prop open windows, pry up old nails, and occasionally to pound in a nail.

I own the tools, not the other way around.
    That's nice, but it's not cool to just dismiss what he's saying here. There's a lot of truth to it for the younger crowd. Yes, it can get out of hand, but it is the primary social interaction tool for them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    That's nice, but it's not cool to just dismiss what he's saying here. There's a lot of truth to it for the younger crowd. Yes, it can get out of hand, but it is the primary social interaction tool for them right now.
    This is true, unfortunately. If it wasn't so big for my generation them believe me, I wouldn't use it. And have you ever heard the phrase "Facebook official" cause if its on Facebook for most people then its official. But I think next time I see her I'm going to ask why she "unfriended" me and we could possibly just be friends, cause they are nice girls.....I think.

If you let a tool own you, then who's the tool?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If you let a tool own you, then who's the tool?
    He's not letting it own him. You're just spouting off cliches now.

Again, to the younger generation, deleting someone off Facebook is like ignoring them in the hallway at school, or when you stop calling someone. He's trying to describe what's going on to give us a better picture of it.

Yes, Facebook sucks, and it sucks that it's being used that way. But you're so wrapped up in Facebook cliches that you're not actually reading what he's trying to say.

It sounds like she was trying to figure out what her status was with her boyfriend. You just happened to be there when they were going through some troubles. She saw you as a potential romantic partner (best case scenario) or she was just using you to make her boyfriend jealous (worst case scenario).

I wouldn't mention the ex/not-ex to her at all. If you want to ask why she deleted you off FB, go ahead, but be prepared for whatever answer she might give. Maybe her boyfriend doesn't want her talking to you or something.

I would just play it cool and not really consider this girl to be a potential anything for quite a while. She is a neighbor and fellow student only at this point, so be cool and treat her accordingly.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    He's not letting it own him. You're just spouting off cliches now.

Again, to the younger generation, deleting someone off Facebook is like ignoring them in the hallway at school, or when you stop calling someone. He's trying to describe what's going on to give us a better picture of it.

Yes, Facebook sucks, and it sucks that it's being used that way. But you're so wrapped up in Facebook cliches that you're not actually reading what he's trying to say.
    Thank you, that is exactly what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    It sounds like she was trying to figure out what her status was with her boyfriend. You just happened to be there when they were going through some troubles. She saw you as a potential romantic partner (best case scenario) or she was just using you to make her boyfriend jealous (worst case scenario).

I wouldn't mention the ex/not-ex to her at all. If you want to ask why she deleted you off FB, go ahead, but be prepared for whatever answer she might give. Maybe her boyfriend doesn't want her talking to you or something.

I would just play it cool and not really consider this girl to be a potential anything for quite a while. She is a neighbor and fellow student only at this point, so be cool and treat her accordingly.

Good luck.
    Thanks for all the advice. I think this is what ill do. And I'm not exactly emotionally attached to her, so if I get the worst case scenario answer then I won't be devastated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast