+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How much body hair on a man is too much?

How much body hair on a man is too much?

How much is a turn off?

Are certain places a turn off?

Do women generally prefer men with no body hair?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends a lot on how old the woman is you are asking.... Personally, I love a man's body hair. To me, it is a sign of masculinity. No body hair is.... ick.

But younger women seem to like the minimal hair thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I really don't like excessive but I dislike none also. I think its sexy when a man has a patch of hair on his chest.

Love the hair. Sexy and masculine. The shaved chests are vain and pokey! YUCK....

Generally speaking, a hairy carpet back isn't usually a good thing.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

As long as (excuse the pun) his hair isn't poking out from his collar.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfantastich View Post
    I really don't like excessive but I dislike none also. I think its sexy when a man has a patch of hair on his chest.
    I love chest hair too. When my husband had to shave his chest (medical reasons) I was devastated. Little boys have hairless chests, MEN have chest hair. Yum yum.

What is too much? Well let's see. If it looks like you're wearing a sweater, that's usually a sure sign. I once went out with a Persian guy and he was coated from neck to ankles and it looked like he was wearing a gorilla suit....it made me a little nauseous actually.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Well, chests, lower arms, and lower legs all seem standard, women don't mind hair there do they?

But what about if you've got some hair on your shoulders and back, or upper legs and arms - Are these areas unattractive or a nonissue?

I must admit, excessive hair on back and shoulders is a bit of a turn off for me, but if i loved the person i don't think it would matter.

Chest waxing or anything slightly feminine is just yuk to me!

People have different tastes in this kind of thing. Personally I don't mind a hairy man. I think it's manly to be hairy. Legs, upper arms, etc. hair all good. No problem. Personally I find the current trend among some younger men to wax their legs just plain strange and yes, effeminate.

If you have some hair on your back or shoulders and you think it's a bit excessive or unattractive, you can have it removed by waxing. It gets a bit expensive to keep it up, but, then again if it makes you feel better, more confident and more attractive, it's probably worth it. Alternatively, find a lady who likes hairy men?
    Last edited by Tanguerra; 17-10-11 at 02:29 PM.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

I'm young (22) and I'd rather be with a hairy man than with one who shaves or waxes any part of his body . That said, I must add that a gorilla-like appearance would turn me off. By gorilla-like I mean like a coat of hair on his upper back/shoulders, as well as on the rest of his body. I'm totally ok with hairy chest, lower back, legs and arms, and I don't mind some hair on the upper back. I also love beards : ).
    Last edited by searock; 17-10-11 at 04:21 PM.

I really don't like hair! I seem to automatically relate it to a person's hygiene. Just look messy and unclean to me. I know that's not the case at all but I can't help feeling that way.

'Masculine'? ha! I can't relate hair to that notion at all!

Cean body all the way for me. Having said that, if I love the person, I have a high level of tolerance as long as I know he takes a shower every day
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

for me i hate hair of any kind.. necessary places like head, brows gud... small amount on legs and hands is still ok...any further than that makes me very cringy

I like hair as long and it's not like a carpet and not long. The only hair i don't like is really noticeable and a lot of hair on the hands and the back that's completely disgusting >_<