+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How many dates should go on before having sex (minimum)....

How many dates should go on before having sex (minimum)....

....to get out of being labeled or viewed as easy or sleazy? Obviously it depends on morals, individuals, etc. but what is the "guy rule" in general? What allows women to avoid that label if it happens early on? Is there a minimum of so many dates?

I don't think there's any particular number. For me, I'd say it's more a deed you hold off on until you're in a committed relationship.

Rollingwithlife is right,it depends on your relations!MAybe after3-4 times,if you do it on the first date it is more likely for the guy to think that you are 'too easy' and to lose interest from the beginning.I personally like women that are not like that ,but a little hardet to get...

Your question cannot be answered because there is no typical or average answer. In my own case I've normally been in bed with a girl by the second or third date. I'm all for equality and therefore comfortable with the idea that sexual desire is for both men AND women. In my current relationship of a year my GF made the running sexually and I was fine with that. I do not hold with this idea that women who sleep with a man 'soon' (however you define that and that's another big issue) are 'easy' or 'sluts' etc etc. A healthy sex life INHO is necessary as part of building a strong relationship.

The minimum doesn't exist. I'll view a girl easy or sleazy if she has one night stands with random guys while I'm dating her.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

When you don't have to go onto a forum to ask strangers when you should have sex you are ready...

No one can tell you when you should have sex. It is something YOU need to be ready for as well as your lover. If it is after a couple of dates and you are both ready then go for it! If its after months of dating then that's fine too Who gives a damn what other people think, your sex life is none of their business.
    Let my kiss steal the breath from your lips...<3

Let's pretend I was dating you. If you are worried about what other people think about something that is supposed to be private, you are not mature nor self-confident enough for me. End of relationship.

There is no set number of dates. When you feel comfortable with the guy, and you trust them not to blab about your intimacy together and treat it as a conquest, then sleep with him. This is not the 1950s.

If a girl has slept with 50 guys in 2 years, but she was monogamous the whole time, I really don't care. Actually I view her as having a LOT of self-confidence, which is appealing to me. I'm happy that she is comfortable with her sexuality. If she wants lots of flings, so what? Men do it, why can't women? Yes, some women DO need variety, they are not robots.

As for me, when I talk to a girl I met online, and I am satisfied she wants a long-term relationship just like I do, then we might sleep together on the first date. (Yes I have had a girl use me for sex. I was a bit pissed because she said she wanted something long-term.)
    Last edited by bulrush; 29-08-11 at 10:14 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

if i like somone ill try and wait like amonth, if i dont like them, 1st day we meet is fine. get to know him alil, see if your comfortable with him and dont count dates.