+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he just being nice? Or is he into me? It's so hard to tell...

Is he just being nice? Or is he into me? It's so hard to tell...

We've known each other for years but just this year have we really been hanging out. He is my best friend now and we do pretty much everything together. I know he was raised to be a gentleman and all, he opens doors for me and gets my books and we talk to each other every day, even on weekends. We do projects together, we sit together in class, and we eat lunch together. Just the other day, we were both reaching for the same calculator and our hands hit and it was like, "ZAP!" We both quickly jerked away, like we were nervous. Then we both looked at each other and his eyes were all like, "Omg what do I do?!?!" So I played it off by saying, "Ow, your fingernail scratched me!" And laughing. Also, our classmates all think we're dating, when we're not. He says, "Can't a guy and a girl just be friends without everyone thinking they're going out?!?!" But his body language says otherwise. Does he like me and is too shy or nervous to admit it? Or is he just a good friend?

He wants you!

Or maybe he just wants your calculator ...
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Well I know for one that I'm in a similar type of situation, except I'm a guy. I say it could go either way really. Every time my friend would ask me anything that might reveal my true feelings for her, I'd answer with something rather ambiguous or tone it down to something casual. I'm personally very shy and am very nervous to confess my feelings for her, but I am hoping to change that and tell her how I feel very soon. That said, it's definitely possible he's kind of like me and may even be worried about what would happen if the relationship were to end badly. It's just a tough risk all around with someone you've known for so long versus someone you really like but have known for a much shorter amount of time.

I was in somewhat of the same dilemma my sophomore year of high school. Except we didn't talk every day like you said. But anyway there were 4 of us that were good friends. My best friend who was a guy then the girl that I liked and another girl. We did almost everything together, and I always tried to get just me and the girl I liked to do things which she did. One day I asked her out for more than just friends and she made an excuse not to, just to let me down easy I guess. Anyway after that we all started doing less with each other and started not liking to hang out with each other until I just stopped because she basically black mailed me against my best friend. So I never Hung out with any of them again. So the moral of the story, is make sure before you want your friendship to end in a bad way.