+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can anyone offer some advice

Can anyone offer some advice

hello all, right here is the thing, i am 27 and my girlfriend is 30, we have been together for 10 months not that long but when you are in love it feels like forever, but i have made stupid mistakes. i have told a few lies about things, and hurt my gf, she says i have broken her trust and she is so unhappy with me. now she wants space and says she is unhappy being with me and dont know what to do. she told me she still loves me but because i have hurt her trust by lieing to her she feels we carnt be together but needs time to think about the situation. i love her so much and she still loves me, i have not seen her for 2 weeks now but we have texted a few times but its just to see how we are doing, i carnt make he be with me if she is unhappy its unfair but i dont want her to be out of my life because i love her so much! i have no idea what to do?? should i leave her alone and hope she will get in touch with me or do i tell her if she wants to end it lets just get it done with because the longer it goes on there more we will get hurt. im thinking of going over to her house tonight and sorting it once and for all weather the outcome is good or bad i need to get it right... i have written her letters but carnt bring my self to post them i need some advice if anyone can help me... thank you

p.s the lies where nothing to do about cheating on her or anything like that

Why not send her the letters but make sure to fix can't which you insist to make carnt, most important thing never use the brain or truth with women, lie more and you will get her again.

Well, i hope it helps from someone who can't help themselves and in need of help too! gud luck

It would be helpful to know what you lied about to be able to give you more specific advice. Without knowing what the problem was I can't say much other than that you shouldn't turn up at her place uninvited, that is rude not romantic. If you want to talk to her you need to call her and ask her if she wants to meet you and when would be a good time. You can't force her to see you, she won't appreciate that. If she has asked for space respect that. Give her time to figure things out.

I just forgot to add this: make sure not to get caught next time, you have to improve your lying techniques, remember truth is good and better than lying, however very risky with no guarantees. it's like jumping off CN tower and thinking you are impressing your gf with it, yes you do but for how long?

Once trust is gone, it's very difficult to get back, and it takes a lot of work on both sides. It sounds to me as if she's unwilling to work at it... so IMNSHO, you're hosed. Thank god you only wasted 10 months of her life.

Move on, find a new girl, learn from your mistakes and don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY76 View Post
    i have told a few lies about things, and hurt my gf
    lies about what things? This is crucial.

First of all ... this is very important .... Never lie to someone you love. Actually, it's good practice to never lie at all. Liars make good cheaters and cheaters make good liars. You might not cheat but how can she ever trust you if you lie.

Now to the problem at hand. Don't back her into a corner and have her make a choice on demand. Even though it hurts, you are in a very good spot right now. Apologize to her if you truly mean it and hope she can see you are sincere. She needs this time for figure out if she could ever trust you again but if you push her, chances are it will be over. Should you be lucky enough to get a second chance ... just remember ... lying hurts the one you love and if you love her, you shouldn't want to hurt her.
    Life is too short. Have a lot of fun and don't be afraid to fall in love.

UPDATE:

right this weekend we meet up, fri, sat, sun, just for chit chat, we ended up kissing and having sex on all 3 days and now she is texting saying she loves me but just scared of making the wrong decision .. i feel very confused to whats going on, if i keep seeing her and things keep going this way its going really hurt the both of us if we dont get back together,, would it be wise to stop seeing her untill she has 100% decided what she wants???